Fear of making an honest 'negative' review

sbwade, a homeowner who refuses to review you until she’s seen your review is a HUGE red flag that others should be aware of. I agree she has more to lose in this situation than you do. I would include that detail in my honest (but as kind as possible) review. Very matter of fact, just the facts, and this is one of the facts: Homeowner told me she won’t review me until I review her first.

3 Likes

@Val Oh, there’s been red flags from beginning to end on this one… A real learning moment for me to trust my gut.

2 Likes

Can we please remind everyone that this thread is about the pros and cons of the current review system and NOT about individual reviews between members or on sit issues.

If any comments contain personal information, references to other members or links to listing or profiles of other members they will be removed.

Thank you.

1 Like

≥ The review system is a top priority for next year.

The first quarter of 2022 is over already. Any updates, @Ben-ProductManager ?

2 Likes

Hi @MissChef this is a very large and complex piece of work across a number of teams, when there are any relevant updates Ben and the team will share with members, it is as Ben says a top priority.

I’m sure you’re all working very hard, and I know that the management team has just come back from that business retreat, hopefully energized, refreshed and with lots and lots of ideas!

I just happen to notice that it’s the 1 year anniversary JUST of this thread… with over 170 posts and 16 votes.

2 Likes

That’s why I thought it would be a good idea to close off threads earlier, although people could still read them. It’s just that some of the same things are repeated by people who haven’t read from the beginning and, who has the time to read a year’s worth of posts? :wink:

1 Like

Uhh,… what? i guess…this under-employed chef who is currently at her own house, petsitting a 6-month old puppy that won’t sleep (through another service) …but your dates are a little off :wink: I’ve been reading forum posts since Halloween, when this thread was ALSO only 6-months old :joy::rofl::laughing:

Kaizen isn’t a bad word, it’s a way of life!

Insomniac canine in a rare unblurred photo:

5 Likes

Retired people who only recently discovered this great forum who want to learn from others experience :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m retired….

@sbwade I really empathise with you. We too had a horrible sit experience recently -really terrible hosts- and had to involve THS in it. We really wanted to write them some damning feedback to warn others off but we knew they would retaliate with a terrible review of us which would have been totally unjust. In the end we agreed- through THS -not to review each other at all. Better no review than a bad unfair one that ruins your reputation.
The review system needs to change otherwise people are afraid to be honest. If all goes well its easy to write great reviews both ways but that’s not always the case…

10 Likes

Hi Angela,
Thanks for that. Are there members who are involved in a focus group on how to improve the review system since it is such a valid priority for everyone? If so, is it an equal balance of types of members? Knowing this might help all of us.
Does your note about relevant updates being conveyed here include Ben notifying us about the new option for HOs to anonymously “vote” whether or not they’d invite the sitter back? Or is that meant to be secret from sitters?
Also, is that part of this “large and complex piece of work” (which it certainly seems to be) or just something extra for HOs with no intention of providing the same for sitters? If so, can someone from the “number of teams” working on this explain that decision to the members?

Thank you and thanks for being our conduit to the team.

1 Like

HI @KellyC the team have applied the necessary strategy to look at this complex piece of work, including member interviews, surveys, external research etc., and of course our valuable forum feedback.

To address your point “Something Extra For The HO” There would be absolutely no point in introducing a review system which favored one side of the platform over the other and as previously posted when the teams involved have any relevant updates they will inform the community.

Thank you.

Thank you Angela. Good to know and I am sure we would all love more detail on how and from whom the feedback was gathered if you or the team care to share.
Can you please provide any further clarification then on the the option for HOs to anonymously “vote” whether or not they’d invite the sitter back? Is there a communication that I missed about this? (I try to stay on top of emails, monthly newsletters etc. but could very well be missing a comms channel.) And is that functionality something that sitters will soon have also?
Thank you

1 Like

We can understand member’s interest because the outcome will affect all members and the way they use the product.

Every element of member feedback will be taken into consideration however sharing details of work in progress is simply not practical. We know how important and impactful this functionality is and will deliver the system that is fair and workable for all.

The “new owner feature” being referred to could be the announcement by Ben in his Product update, that there is now a “Behavior Log” on every member’s account, recording behavior such as cancellations etc., which is NOT public but for internal use only …

I have asked the original poster of this “feature” to forward the messaging as how it is currently being described it is not something I’m familiar with. I will update accordingly.

Thank you.

I think that the present system of reviews definitely presents its issues but I have a feeling that this could end up being a ‘be careful what you wish for situation!’ I am definitely interested in this topic and to see what changes they end up making

3 Likes

in this case, have the HOs been removed from THS?

2 Likes

How would we know? This is really important, and I hope that we find out the answer!

In the end we agreed- through THS -not to review each other at all. Better no review than a bad unfair one that ruins your reputation.

(Emphasis mine)

So wait… I almost hope that I am misunderstanding this, but it doesn’t make sense:

TH -the company- not only agreed but encouraged that this whole review exchange be scrapped because negative reviews would happen? If so, then they have acknowledged that the system is broken!

That the exact reason why “bad” reviews should happen, so that more people aren’t subject to the same experience by going in blindly.

If that party hasn’t been removed from the system, that’s exactly what will be happening.

I’m looking forward to the explanation, thanks.

5 Likes

Post deleted

3 Likes

@MissChef & @Düsenzofe thank you and i will tag @Therese-Moderator who will respond when she is back online … thank you.

Angela

1 Like