Feather pillows

Has anyone experienced allergies to feather pillows? It’s not something we would have thought of asking about before a sit but they seem to trigger my husband’s sinuses and the snoring begins. They are also a bit uncomfortable as they go flat quickly. We are tempted to bring our own pillows to sits…

I bring my own pillow(s) whenever I travel. I sleep with a buckwheat hull pillow. It conforms to the shape of your head, stays cool and has no scent. Since discovering these more than 20 years ago, I have not slept without one. If you’re interested drop me a line, and I can refer you to a friend in CT, USA who makes these. From what I understand they are commonly used in Japan, also in China. I have a small travel size for packing in a backpack or suitcase and a full and medium size when I’m traveling by car.

2 Likes

Me!!! I struggle with feather anything… instant allergy reaction… blocked sinuses. I always take my own pillow for this reason. I am lucky the duvet doesn’t seem to have any effect… just the action of lying on feathers it seems. I have found that using a zipped pillow protector also works, and is easier to travel with internationally than a pillow.

1 Like