Filter suggestions for searching

Oh yes, I totally understand that! Sometimes just want to search to see what else there is in Europe without seeing all the UK sits.

Yes! I’ve thought this myself. I think the order is probably related to the time of them posting. But it would be so much more useful to be able to arrange the lists by date or distance, right? A “Sort by” option would be perfect.

2 Likes

1st:
I would love to have exclude filter:

“anywhere but not: country1, country2, country3, state1”

So I could filter countries which I don’t want or can go.

2nd:
and on my sitter page I would love to have the checkbox “longtime sitter 1, 3, 6+month”, so that HO could filter if the sitter is able to do longer sits.

I mentioned your first point before as well.
I’d also love a way to put a mark on the sits I’ve already looked at and eliminated for one reason or another.
When I’m searching regularly and reading dozens of sits I can lose track of what I’ve already eliminated as a potential sit and why.

1 Like

I’ve not carefully read every post, but since people are still talking about location, I just use the map and the ± button to zoom in on a location. I’m able to do northern europe, southern europe, etc without the UK. And there aren’t that many sits.
Did the same for Australia and NZ and for Asia.

Don’t forget to vote for this (button up top, left of title) if you agree!

Absolutely, the car not needed, as a filter would be great.

1 Like

I would like a search filter to toggle between newest listings and order of start dates/end dates :smiley:
*right now I’d just like to see the current filters working. Sigh…
Ann Marie B.

1 Like

Yes! What’s going on w the date filters!? I put in specific dates and other listings show up that are not in those dates.

I agree the filtering options are way too limited. I dislike when I search for a specific city that I get sits that are 50-100 miles away. Why can’t we put in a precise location and get sits just in that 1 city - and/or choose the radius to search nearby? Seems like the search function is one of the top things this site should excel at and yet it’s extremely weak and wastes a lot of time for the majority of us.

Also I dislike that I can’t always sort by Newest - the default is Recommended. What does Recommended mean anyways?

2 Likes

Yes, if you want a specific city (or a continent), it is best to do a map seach.

It is like the red price tags in the supermarket, for items that are approaching their best-before date. Except that on THS, there is not the advantage of reduced cost.

1 Like