For Campervan & Motorhome addicts!

Yes, it’s a vw caddy. Former German post van and I get a LOT of Germans asking me about it. lol. It’s tiny but it’s cozy and works for me!

2 Likes

The vehicle itself has a $2 million price tag … starting price @Smiley :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Right well that counts me out then! :flushed:

it was 3500 euro.

1 Like

yeah, it’s nuts. used prices are higher here too, but i think there is less demand here than in the US.

2 Likes

Sweet ride and love your backyard!

Thanks. I love that my back yard changes daily. :slight_smile: Now i’m parked up by a lovely little lake.

3 Likes

I just snapped some pics of the inside of my van for a friend so I thought I’d share since it’s different from what most people have. Please excuse the mess, but this is what day to day living looks like in my van. lol

Imgur

This is taken looking into the front. I don’t have a passenger seat and that area works as my kitchen. I installed a table top and I can use it inside to cook or it’s the perfect height to stand outside for food prep/cooking. All of my kitchen stuff is under it, food, spices, pots and pans, as well as my window covers for easy access.

Imgur

This is looking inside the driver side slider. I have a full twin, but you can see that it goes under the table a bit. thankfully I’m short so it’s no problem for me. :slight_smile: Below that you can see my ecoflow delta battery. I have 1500 watt hours of battery life and 200 watts of solar on the roof. on the left you’ll see my “bathroom” station where all my bathroom needs live. The grey knitted thing on the right is a 3 compartment hanging “basket” where I keep my daily use stuff like lotion, cleaning wipes, etc. over by the window, you can just make out the legs of my folding table. It’s super convenient and I use it daily, but I’m considering building in a table instead so when I’m somewhere i can’t put stuff outside i don’t have to figure out where to put the table and i can still open my slider on that side (yes, i have sliders on both sides).

Imgur

This one is looking back. You can see my bed and pile of bedding on the left and my fridge on the right. I have a 55l fridge which is way too big for the space. I wish it was about half that size. But I bought it on sale when planning for the big van and didn’t want to spend money on another. Am considering getting a smaller one though and when i get the big van, using this one as the fridge and the small one as a freezer.

Imgur

On the driver side rear wall i have my “medicine cabinet” which is where i keep my daily hygiene stuff like face wash, tooth brush, deodorant, sunblock, etc. Below that I store my folding camp chair, my tripod for my portable monitor, and my shopping bags.

Hope you enjoyed my mini tour. :smiley:

4 Likes

Our bootiful van - in which we spend as much time as possible - when not off cycle-touring or house-sitting… We rented out our home - so we could have a home on wheels instead! Freedom!

5 Likes

Former post van : this explains the bright color ! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:
It is very cute !!

@BunnyCat You mean a second hand equipped van ? It would cost you a lot : prices have increased a lot these last 2 years because van life is highly fashionable here nowadays !!
And there are not many on sale as french rules have changed in 2018 concerning motor-home (to tell you in a short way : home made motor-home are not allowed anymore - except if there is no window, no water, no gaz, no electric at all).
But I can imagine ferrying would be very costly too : why not swapping ?

Yes. It’s hard to miss me in the parking lot. :smiley: But since it looks SO unlike something someone would live in, authorities generally ignore me, which is the goal.

I think if you’re both small and you’re not full timing in it, it’s doable. I’ve seen couples in vans my size. but you have to plan well. one couple, the way they did theirs it was so close to the ceiling that you couldn’t be in it for anything other than to sleep. so i sat and watched them sit on the back bumper in the rain for hours one day. hard pass on that. still don’t know why they didn’t just drive to town and sit in a cafe or something.

2 Likes

ah, yeah you’ll be good then.

2 Likes

Ok @BunnyCat : so yes for an un-equiped cargo car, you can have them for cheap : I would say for 1 500 € / 2 000 € in France you can buy one and sell it same price few months later ! But for that price you’d better have some basic knowledge of mechanics :wink:

And also : beware of the “property” papers (we call it grey card in France) that you would have to do : it is all by internet and you’d better speak french to understand how it works : even for french speakers it can be a nightmare ! (you may also need a local address ?? :thinking:)

And for the swap : yes I understand : it happened to me once : a friend crashed my car. I was a young driver and it cost me a lot for insurance !

1 Like

As you know, our home in the United States is a van we converted into a camper with full solar and a queen bed across the back…it’s a ram promaster 136 high roof and we love it.
It is in storage now as we needed to come back to the UK and Ireland, and are also booked up house sitting. We have a small car here.

Camping with friends in Nevada.

4 Likes

![IMG_2125|690x460](upload://1B

fsTMZKKOwfQSpJLBPU59bpJTX.jpeg)
we bought a hi top, extended length Ford Transit passenger van. It came with 15 seats which most we sold brand new wrapped in plastic from the factory. we ordered a vinyl floor which we put cheap area rugs on top for easy cleaning. bought black out curtains which attach with magnets to the metal framing above the windows (behind the curtain air bags). we use 3 storage ottomans as a long bed for my super tall husband. in that back area behind the wheels it’s about 6 feet x 6 feet. first year I made a little IKEA kitchen back there but seldom used it. now I have 3 metal side tables that make a crosswise bed (I’m about 5 feet tall) for myself with lots of storage behind it and under it. we have 2 scooters that can also fit the back. We recently went from Michigan to New York for a sit and stayed overnight for free at the Turnpike service plazas both on the way there and on the way back.

9 Likes

It’s absolutely bucketing here. Does anyone else put their dishes out in the rain to let mother nature give them a good rinse? :smiley:

Imgur

4 Likes

I do that with my body :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I should. But with such a small van it’s difficult. But today was intended to be a shower day which likely won’t be happening if the rain continues. not a huge deal for me to delay a day or two, but i feel for the nice lady who invited me over for a cup of tea later who gets unbathed me in her caravan. :smiley:

1 Like