Grooming tools for long-haired cats

I am looking after three Persian cats at the moment. The owner left a variety of combs to use on them, and I also noticed that there was a Tangle Teezer brush (sold at Boots Pharmacy, intended for humans) in the bathroom. On a previous sit, the host used that type of brush on her cats so I asked the owner on my current sit if the brush was for the cats or for them. Turned out it was for her personal use but she was happy for me to try it out on her three Persian cats as she said it was new and a spare.

Does anyone have recommendations of tools for grooming long-haired cats? In the past, I always owned short-haired cats. I am wondering if there are any particular tools that work better on long-haired cats?

I use a cat sized Furminator on my cat. It gets so much hair out (it’s mostly the undercoat), you’d think you had a whole new cat!

I will try the Furminator and see how it goes! There is one here along with various combs.

Hi @cat.tails you might look at these but we never change or introduce new methods of caring for any pets without first speaking to the owner

Thanks for the info. I agree with you - I would never change or introduce new methods of caring for any pets without first speaking to the owner. I’m just interested to hear what other people use.

1 Like

@cat.tails after using the Furminator
you will be able to make another cat when you’re done