Health and Well being when location independent Sitters

Yeah definitely, I think it’s really about finagling what works for each person based on where they tend to go, care needed, etc. I’m sure things would be more difficult with having pre-existing conditions and needing ongoing medication, etc.

2 Likes

I had to look up ‘finagling’ :joy: what a wonderful word​:joy:
I’m going to use it every day :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This is one of the many reasons we have bought an apartment back home in Merry England. As we got older we realised that medical access was becoming more and more important. The UK does a lot of free screening for some health issues and it’s better to be diagnosed sooner when the condition has just begun.
We think we need to be there twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time. All our appointments are scheduled for that time. The rest of the time it is on short term rents so that we can shoot back if we need to. It’s a win win situation.
Before we bought the apartment we were registered at our old address but the medical practice wasn’t happy about it.
Elsie

1 Like

We find other situations requiring proof of address can be challenging too. Hiring a car in the UK is a nightmare without proof of address We recently wanted to invest some cash but not being able to provide any proof of address stopped us.

2 Likes

We were lucky to have some nice relations that didn’t mind us using their address and getting the occasional letter for us. It was this Pandemic that made us realise we needed a home base. We had no where to go during a lockdown.

2 Likes

Hi @Provence - We use my brother’s address as a postal address. Our problem arises when we are asked for proof of address, usually, recent utility bills, etc which we don’t have as we don’t actually live there!

1 Like

Some great information in this thread. Thank you everyone. I will be digesting some of this info.
@mars check this out.

2 Likes