Hello from an Austrian Nomad πŸ‘‹

Hello sitters & owners :wave:

My Name is Nicol (Nici), I’m from Austria :austria: and recently signed up on THS. I’m so grateful for this site! Animal lovers & travel addicts can benefit from each other :handshake: I even got my first sit confirmed over the holidays only days after joining, yay :sparkles:

A bit of my story: I decided to become a digital nomad in 2022. It’s is the most exciting time of my life so far. I canceled my lease and sold all my stuff to travel the world. This is possible due to my work as a remote Social Media Manager & Graphic Designer.

There are a few reasons why I want to live as a digital nomad:

1. Travel - My family only traveled to Italy with me in the summer from time to time, but I wanted to see more of the world. I’m 28 years now and don’t want to wait any longer.
  2. Animals - With THS, I can combine my love for animals with my nomadic lifestyle. This is THE DREAM! :sparkles: Coming from a rural farm in Carinthia, I miss being around animals.
  3. Forced minimalism - I use a 55-liter bag, and there is no space for clutter. I’m currently deciding what’s important & what to throw/give away.
  4. Money - I no longer rent a flat. With the help of forced minimalism, I have to cut back on materialistic things.
  5. Language - I’d love to learn new languages and improve my spoken English.
  6. Soft Skills & Personal development - When speaking with travelers, they always said something had changed in an almost always positive way.

I’m currently looking for long-term sits all over the world :point_right: let me know
I’d love to care for your pets! :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Hello and a very heartfelt welcome @Nici
You are in the right place.

1 Like

Hi @Nici a very warm welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, thank you for joining us from Austria … thank you also for your great introduction and lovely photo, always a pleasure to put a face to the name.

Pet + house sitting + a digital nomad lifestyle is such a perfect combination, pets can bring a balance to our digital work load after all they need our time and attention before devices, sitting with a dog is good for the mind, body and soul … we look forward to sharing in your new travel adventure.

Enjoy connecting with our members from around the world and welcome again.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

A very warm welcome from Germany too.

Have a great time travelling the world whilst looking after beloved pets and houses.

1 Like