Hello from an experienced caregiver in NYC, USA

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this Trusted House Sitters I currently live in New York City and have experience caring for dogs and cats. I enjoy spending time with animals and would like to see new places and learn about other cultures too. I’d be happy to care for your pets while you’re away.

Hi @PetalsofRoses welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, thank you for joining us from NY City, what a lovely profile name you’ve chosen, what was the inspiration behind the name?

I have added your profile to your Forum profile so that other members can “meet” you. I would suggest adding some references to your profile especially from those pet families where you have cared for their pets and from your dog walking experiences also.

Owners are looking for reassurance that you are able to meet the needs of the pets and their expectations having another pet parent endorse the care you’ve given is always a strong recommendation.

Also add more photos, especially with pets. I’m going to ask @Kelly to look at your profile when she is next online as she may also have some advice to give as an experienced sitter and pet parent who has had sitters care for her adorable Zorro . We are all here to help one another have the best experience so do ask your questions from our helpful and caring community.

Welcome again … we look forward to sharing in your new THS adventure.

Angel and the Forum Team

Hi @PetalsofRoses and welcome to the TrustedHousesitters community!

I eco what @Angela_L recommends as far as adding a few references as well as more photos (especially ones with you and animals). I suggest taking a look at some other sitter profiles to get a good sense of what are some key things to give your profile appeal. I would recommend adding some more meat to your “Why you want to house sit” section. I think it could also help your profile to add Airbnb or a LinkedIn account if you have them. Anything really that can help homeowners know that you are responsible and trustworthy.

I’ve attached a helpful blog post here with First time sitter tips that will go into more detail on how to spruce-up your profile so you’ll be getting sit requests all over in no time! Please do update us as you start your THS journey and get your first couple of sits.

Kelly & the Forum Team

1 Like