Hello from Costa Rica!

Hello @SaliJo and welcome to the forum. I was first introduced to house sitting many years ago when I spent a winter in Costa Rica - yes, hence the reason my username is Snowbird :wink: - and met a couple of full-time house sitters. I was fascinated, and the next year my house-sitting journey began.

I’m assuming you have a combined membership. If not, you will need that to be able to list your home. You may want to look over this blog post, of how to create the perfect listing, as I think it has some great content.

As a sitter, you’re also likely to be in-tune with what’s important to be shown in your listing. I’ll just mention that landscape photos (envelope shape) fit better than portrait ones. Too often I see only the rear end of a pet in the first photo in a search as the system has cropped the photo. Not the prettiest angle, for sure. :worried:

You can add both your sitter profile and owner listing into your username. It allows members to review them, and can often give constructive feedback for suggested tweaks. Helpful members are ready and willing to help you succeed.

Vanessa has excellent instructions on how to add both a sitter profile and owner listing link to your username, and suggests that you view hers for an example. Do that by clicking on her username.

I have a feeling you will be happy with the response to your listings as listings for Costa Rica are not common.

Francine
Volunteer Moderator :canada:

2 Likes