Homeowner posts with no reviews

Post moderated - telephone number removed - please refer to forum guidelines - Thank you.

Agreed. As I have said, I just ask for full transparency from my pet sitters and home owners. I was dragged along with one pet sitter and I ultimately gave them a deadline. My gut was they were waiting to hear on a pet sit they were hoping to be invited and we were choice two.

I prefer for people to circle back to me if they have another meet and for whatever reason it doesn’t click. I love when people tell me someone beat me to the application but will let me know if their first interview doesn’t work.

I just informally told someone I am confident to have them sit without a virtual meet but am more than happy to schedule a virtual meet. I will send her a video tour since I’m out of the country. Her 3 reviews are outstanding and our pet sitters left very detailed feedback for future pet sitters. She is seeking what we have to offer. It is a clear win/win.

I sent the other applicants a note stating I believe I found someone so they all know before I have a confirmed sit. I offered a local sitter with no reviews another sit a couple of weeks later for a long weekend. It’s easy to do a copy and paste if too many to write individual notes. I try really hard to personalize each one. However, when I had over 50 applicants it just wasn’t feasible.

Even home owners with lots of reviews and amazing properties and/or in highly desirable areas have been struggling to get and keep pet sitters. Our Spain sit has had 3 pet sitters cancel in the last month. I was trying to jump through hoops to help them. We actually pieced together an emergency plan if he couldn’t get another one. As of now, one is in place.

I cannot emphasize enough to purchase the premium package and treat your pet sitters like gold. I have people ask me what I like to eat/drink and I do the same to name one simple tip. I will do anything I can to help my former families if they get stuck and I feel like my former pet sitters would do the same for me.

I have done 4 pet sits for one of my first sits. If I am available I will always happily help. I adore the cat and the owners are great. I only have one sit I would not return. We have been asked to do second sits with people before they have even returned from their first trip.

I thought I was responding directly to people. Apologies! Think I’ve beaten a dead horse to death.

Claudine Kent

1 Like