Honest review gets bad response

While women would be more upset, as a man , I would also be upset if I was at a home where someone had peed this n THS seat and not cleaned it up.

2 Likes

You did the right thing to leave an honest review. I think this is for future Sitters/Guests to make informed decisions, as well as for the HO’s to understand that there are standards to adhere to. But also for you; it sounds like it was not the equitable situation you agreed to.

However, the fact the HO’s thought it was ok to contact you outside of THS regarding the review is a concerning red flag.

4 Likes

I love it when Owners have excellent cleaning people, and the Owners have the sense and flexibility to schedule the cleaners to come on the day of departure (or the day before) and the day of arrival.

This makes my job much easier.

Sometimes Owners who have regular cleaners are not used to cleaning themselves, and that can be an issue. It is not enough to have a cleaner “several days” before you leave on vacation. Bathrooms and kitchens can get dirty again in 1-2 days. Someone might need to touch up these areas for the Sitter.

We don’t expect “hotel clean,” but I expect the house to be pretty clean!

2 Likes

Can you clarify? What have “you heard?”

You are way out of context. She was talking about a “home “ not a public place. Huge difference.

7 Likes

As a woman who has had traumatic experiences in the past when I was young, I personally would not feel comfortable, left in the house with two strange men. Unfortunately, this would have meant that I would’ve had to have stayed somewhere else until I could stay in the house as agreed on my own. The cleanliness aside, that is more alarming to me than anything else

@Debandbee it seems that @Petlover64 was aware when agreeing to do the sit that they would be staying with the homeowners still present on the first night.

However, if a similar situation was sprung upon someone on arrival that would not be acceptable and breaches the T&Cs .

1 Like

I was aware and although slightly uncomfortable I wanted to help out. They are a married couple so it seemed safer then some situations so i agreed but my expectation was the house would be prepared for me. My whole point of this is not to complain about the sit. I still rated overall 5 stars. I though my comments would just be a growth opportunity I didn’t see the drama coming. It went from calling me family to we won’t have you back. I think many others would not enjoy this sit so I tried to write a review that highlighted the great points but I wasn’t willing to give 5 star for cleanliness as that would be really dishonest. And to be clear why I’m unhappy isn’t cause I’m sad about not sitting again but I just don’t like drama and bad feelings. I worked very hard on this sit looking after 3 dogs and a large number of plants. They were delighted until I mentioned the things that were not a 5 for me.

13 Likes

This would stress me out too- having the homeowner react badly to an honest review. However, I think it is SO important that sitters write honest reviews. Thank you for doing so! Sometimes doing the right thing is hard, but just think of all the sitters you have helped, compared to the 2 untidy rude homeowners. The positive fat outweighs the negative in the long run. Thank you again.

3 Likes