Host Not Sending Welcome Guide

I just want to see key info captured in writing and/or video. I don’t need it in the THS welcome guide format. If a host didn’t send me that info, I’d let them know ahead of the sit date that I wouldn’t be able to make it. That’s because I won’t go into a sit blind.

1 Like

@anonym the owner is not in a position of power - you are equals coming to an understanding of what’s acceptable. When I’m confirming a sit I review the importance of a Welcome Guide to me with the owner, and also what sections are not important to me for that sit. Many things I can find out from searching online.

Set a timeframe for when you expect to receive the Welcome Guide, and make sure you have sufficient time to review it well before the start of the sit. I would avoid agreeing to only a printout being available at the home when you arrive. If that’s what’s offered, then suggest they email a copy to you well in advance. I am polite but firm on this requirement.

2 Likes

I tend to feel a little anxious when home owners do not provide a 'Welcome Guide; or word document with their details, address, phon numbers etc. Miost send all the information I require within a couple of days of the sit being confirmed. Others, it can have been confirmed weeks ago but you still do not know the exact address etc. In some cases only given out a few days before sit starts. I feel that once a sit has been confirmed that Trusted Housesitters should automatically send out a message saying, congratulations on your up coming sit with (home owners full name)you are going to (exact address given) contact phone numbesr and email address etc. It would give peace of mind that you know exactly where you are going.

1 Like