House sitting discoveries!

We discovered Alexa on our last house sit! Although sometimes we woke up in the middle of the night with the lights on so maybe Alexa didn’t always listen to us :slight_smile:

1 Like

My older son (13) loves swimming in the sea and other natural bodies of water. Our last housesit was by the sea in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. While doing some googling of good and safe places to swim, I came across a wild swimming teacher there and booked us in for a Friday evening swim, campfire and smores. 13 year old Will was hooked and declared that he wanted to go wild swimming every week!

When I told the homeowner, it turned out she did regular sea swimming lessons with the same swimming teacher! She gave me some great advice on how to find wild swimming groups local to us. As a result I’ve joined a wild swimming facebook group local to us and met up with some other outdoor swimmers to explore a couple of local swim spots. So we have a new hobby that started on a housesit.

I’ll let you know if I’m still braving the rivers and lakes of Gloucestershire in the winter…

5 Likes

@RadarInc, isn’t it fun to discover things on a sit that you never would have ever given any thought to? I think that is one of the many surprises we find when sitting somewhere for the first time. Whether it’s types of food/drinks that are common in the area, or different types of appliances you may find in a home, or even the beds and linens we find are unique to the culture. Learning customs and traditions around the World can be so enlightening!

3 Likes