How can I make my listing more attractive to sitters?

Hi Everyone

I’m new to THS and am not having much luck finding a sitter for September. I have invited a few people to check out my listing and consider whether they might be interested in applying but dates weren’t suitable.
How can I make my listing more attractive? Could someone please send me some feedback or a trusted experienced sitter :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Stef! Welcome to THS and the forum.
Your listing looks fabulous. Beautiful photos, beautiful home and your cats are perfect!
Not sure how long your listing has been live so I will say to be a bit patient, you have time yet. My only other recommendation is to shift your first photo to one of the actual living space, such as that gorgeous lounge or a bedroom as those are key features that attract sitters.
Use the search feature here on the forum to find other suggestions from previous posts such as

and

all the best and maybe someday I will finally make it over to Melbourne. My daughter lived there, working and pet sitting for a full year. Absolutely loved it.

5 Likes

Thanks so much Amparo you’re too kind! I really appreciate your advice and encouragement. Am going to change my cover photo right now :slight_smile:

Thanks again.
Stefy

3 Likes

Hello @Stef and welcome to the forum and to TrustedHousesitters. I agree with Amparo that you have an excellent listing.

One picky point is that although you’ve said you would prefer people who work from home, make sure you are open to those who no longer work and may be at the home for long periods of time. I’m a retired solo sitter and usually am at the home for most of the day. You may just want to tweak that wording a little.

The only other point is that, even though you’ve said what sector of the city you’re in, given it’s a 3-week sit you may have sitters using the airport. You may want to add what distance you are from the airport, and how best to get from there to your home. If you’re willing to be the shuttle, if there isn’t a commercial one, then add that too.

4 Likes

Hi @Stef and welcome to the Community Forum. Wow, you have such a beautiful home, beautiful kitties, and beautiful views from your home. I wish I could make it to your area in September!

In looking at your pics, they are all quite good, but I might suggest you make the view of the lake OR your cute little furballs the main profile pic. People are enticed by pics that grab them right away and those that pull them in to look deeper. Both your views and those adorable babies would be enough to draw a great deal of attention.

I notice you did say you would prefer sitters who work from home, and I totally understand what you mean by that…wanting someone at home more often than not, but I would suggest maybe wording it something like “prefer those who work from home or retired sitters looking for a serene, peaceful place to relax and enjoy their time taking in the lake views”. This is generally telling them you prefer someone who would be home a great deal of the time.

I really don’t think you have too much to worry about with a September sit, as owners are getting back from their summer holidays and that means less sitters needed in the Fall. Your applications should start rolling in soon.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to any of us here on the forum if you have any more questions as you will always find someone willing to give you insight and answer questions.

Take care and have a great day!

Debbie - Forum Moderator

1 Like

Hi Debbie

Thanks so much and totally agree with you! It’s all about the wording :slight_smile:

In regards to the cover photo, the lake is exactly what I had initially but I was advised to change it to either the sitters bedroom or the living room.
I personally believe different people will be attracted by different things and for this reason I might have to alternate pics to cover all the basis :smiley:
I might end up uploading a collage of the lake and the cats because they are what makes my home the best one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you again for taking the time to review my listing and provide feedback. I really appreciate it!!

Stef

2 Likes

Hi Snowbird

Thank you so much! You made such great points. I didn’t think of that even though I invited retired people and students to consider my listing!! :open_mouth:
I also liked your second suggestion and am going to add it now.
I’m so glad I posted here :slight_smile:
Thank you again.
Stef

1 Like

This listing looks great in my opinion. From someone located in the US, I can tell you that overseas sits have been appealing, but challenging to pursue, due to COVID restrictions- but since most of those are now removed, I expect you’ll start seeing more applicants soon enough.

1 Like

A lot us are Americans in the UK doing very well. We are just booked up so come on over, the weather and water are fine!

1 Like