We’ve just arrived at a beautiful house sit in Burgundy, France where we are looking after 3 dogs, 1 cat and 2 llamas. It’s interesting how sits are evolving at the moment with home owners crossing borders (which is quite common in Europe and permissable with testing).
The testing requirement for our owner to return to the Netherlands to see family means we’ve all had to wait 72 hours to see if their test is positive or negative. We are staying in the separate holiday gite and enjoying a slow handover, having arrived yesterday, and have just heard the owner is clear to travel tomorrow. But it could have been a positive retult meaning the sit wouldn’t have gone ahead. We did know this in advance.
This is the third sit since Christmas where we’ve had to wait for test results, all fortunately have been fine and we’ve got the flexibility to be able to go with the flow. Having a base and the campervan is certainly making these sits easier at the moment.
Really just raising it as something for other sitters to consider when booking sits under these conditions where tests are mandatory. And, just wondered if others have the same or similar experiences? Has anyone encountered a situation where the sit couldn’t proceed?