Now that we are living and house sitting in France… food has become a big focus in our lives again! I long each week for the day we go to the local market or even the supermarche where the standard and quality of food is better than anything experienced for a long time (at a price of course)!
But wherever we’ve house sat around the world, part of the experience for us is discovering local foods, different cuisines, and enjoying cooking at home and experimenting with recipes and ingredients.
We love markets and the local “tianguis” in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico became our favorite hang-out for weekly tacos, as both a social experience and for inexpensive local produce.
- How much does food focus in your travels?
- What’s been your biggest foodie surprise?
- Do you eat out more than at home?
- Do you have a not to be missed restaurant?
- Where have you found the best world markets?
What are your mouth-watering recommendations from around the world?