How to Connect with HO for Potential Future Sits

@Sherel

Keep in mind that I have a basic membership, which restricts me to three saved searches. If you have a higher level one, you have unlimited saved searches.

Here are the instructions from the help section of the website:

How to create a saved search on the app

How to create a saved search on the website

I have two saved searches set up on the app, for my areas of top interest. I get push notifications on my phone of any listings (including ones I’ve favourited) that fall within those two saved searches areas. Those are my top interest locations, so I want to know straight away.

My third saved search - a wider geographical range - I set up on the website (e.g. if you were watching all of the US or UK) . If I did it on my phone, my phone would be constantly pinging. I get a daily email for all new or boosted listings in that area, regardless of whether I have them as favourites. I view the email on my laptop, then go to the app and favourite any there (I prefer to view listings on a bigger screen). It’s a daily task that doesn’t take long but keeps me current on my areas of interest.

If you decide to create searches on the app, make sure your phone is set correctly. Vanessa has provided good instructions on setting up push notifications on your phone (the display messages or sounds) - you may find posts 13 & 14 helpful there.

I realize it’s a lot of information to absorb at once. You can direct message me (click on @Snowbird) if you later have any questions.

Francine
Volunteer moderator :canada:

2 Likes