How to get a sit?

Hello my name is Helen. I live in The Hague in The Netherlands. I am travelling to Scotland in May. Does anyone have advice for being successful in getting a house sit? Thanks.

Hi @Jinty
A big welcome to the forum. You will certainly get a lot of advice from our experienced members here.

In order for them to really get to know you and to comment on your profile which will help you secure the sits you want, Please add your sitter profile to your forum profile here.
the way to add your profile link is here >> https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

You can use the magnifying glass in the top right of this window to search the forum. There’s a good chance if you have the question, someone else had the same question and posted about it.

As you are only travelling to Scotland in May, I would suggest that you do some local sits in order to get some lovely 5 star reviews under your belt. This will definitely help to securing sits abroad.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on, so please do keep us posted.

Best wishes
Therese and the forum team.

1 Like

Hello @Jinty and welcome to the community forum :slightly_smiling_face:
As @Therese said if you add your sitter profile to your forum profile on here and then we can try to give you some help and pointers to help you secure a sit :blush:

2 Likes