Invitations to sit while already booked

There have been lots of wonderful new changes to Trustedhousesitters website, but I would truly love a change that would mean we could not be invited (dates checked) to a sit if we are already on a sit through THS for those dates. I know our calendar shows it, but we get so many invites while busy, it doesn’t seem to be seen.

1 Like

And to add to this you now get this message when you look at the dates :roll_eyes:
This really needs to be sorted asap.

2 Likes

Hello @RoseC Thank you for starting this topic. The team have said that this is on their radar and they will be looking into stopping owners from being able to invite sitters who are already confirmed on THS sits. Keep an eye on the product updates category for any future information :grin:

3 Likes

@Carla Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. It is a complete disaster. How on earth can we respond to ads if the hosts themselves have flexibility on their dates? Not to mention splitting sits if you’re a couple (start a new one while the other finishes the last sit). Sometimes we travel separately and both want to apply to a sit–this is now impossible with this “improvement.”

@ere
I think what you want is very different.
We do not want homeowners sending us invites to sit for the same dates we are already on a sit.
When we apply to a sit as a couple, we would never dream of one of us leaving before another sit, and we don’t sit separately.
We like getting invited, and it happens very often as we truly love what we do, but we are on a long term sit through THS and keep getting invitations for these dates
We actually like the fact sitters cannot apply for dates they are already booked, as we know some homeowners who have had sitters cancel last minute, and gone on to other sits, not a very nice thing to do.
If you sit separately, then maybe have separate house-sitting profiles?