Is sit posted too long before it occurs

I have sits booked up to and including September

If someone is coming from another part of the country or world, early posts make all the difference as plane tickets are expensive to book within a month or two. I like to think homeowners would post as soon as their plans are set and they have made all their reservations. This way there is a larger pool of sitters who may be able to apply. I look for all dates before I make my plans. I find very few that I would do across the country or foreign if they arenā€™t posted far enough in advance for me to buy tickets and make arrangements myself for my dog.

3 Likes

Itā€™s best to start a new thread to get help with your issue as opposed to asking I this one.

TH support can help you as can the HO group.

Your sit may be paused so you may have to unpause it to receive new submissions. X

Welcome @Christine17

Sorry to hear that your sitter cancelled - did they give a reason ?
1st was this a confirmed sit that appeared on your dashboard?
2nd have you cancelled the sit on your dashboard ( as a sitter canā€™t cancel a confirmed sit )
Did you have other suitable applicants apply that you can contact ?
You may have to unpause the listing for it to go live here is how

Hope this helps you.

Thank you. They said ā€œfamily reasonsā€
Yes, Iā€™ve unconfirmed them and it looks like I have option to pause so assume itā€™s not currently paused. Iā€™ll leave this thread and start a new one if I need to. Very many thanks for your support!

1 Like

Thank you!