Last minute date changes by home owners during sit

Did you report them to THS? Because the HO needs to hear from THS that this is not accpetable.

1 Like

Those circumstances are exceptional and I agree with you. I was thinking in terms of the HO coming back a couple of days earlier because of some crisis or other not wholesale changes to the arrangement.

1 Like

I saw lately that a sitter who had a review with critics from the owner, answered under that review a very long comment, finding totally unfair the owner’s comment and explaining all problems she had to face in France with many horses and other animals
She did not leave a feed back herself, but the previous feed backs from former sitters were positive (all 5 stars)

She could have d
Written quietly hers after having received that review
Why not ? Future sitters will not know her negative experience and owners will only see critics about her

Unless a sitter may click on another sitter’s review (is it only an owner who can read reviews ?) you never know what happened

I think ot’s a pity, if she had given a 3 or 4 stars only the owner could have answered too if not happy.

Who replies after a negative review ? Or negative feed back? Apparently few HO and HS…

I agree- its a pity the sitter did not give feedback directly on the host page and only responded to the review on her own page. I understand why she wrote there as we once felt the need to respond to a review which we felt was unfair- this was to protect ourselves and give further insight to future hosts who might be reading that review of us. However we did also leave feedback on that hosts site for future sitters to see. The host did not respond on our feedback. The sitter you mention should have left feedback too especially as her experience was different from the previous sitters.
I always read all feedbacks & reviews of a sit I’m interested in. And yes sitters CAN see other sitters reviews. As a sitter I can read all previous feedbacks given by sitters to a host and when clicking on the sitter can read the review the host gave them. On the App you can also see sitters who left no feedback and can click on them to see if they got a review. Sometimes you see they actually did give feedback but they left it as a reply to their own review (rather than on the host site) which is not very helpful for future sitters who will not see it!
Sometimes there is no review/feedback either way! Big red flag! If it is a one off we would ask the host about it. But if it happened more than once I’d feel suspicious & would just scroll on. Its very helpful to investigate this way before applying for, or committing to, a sit!

1 Like