Last Minute House Sits

Hi @Southernsitter thank you for your caring message and just to update you @ShirleyE has secured a sitter.

Also and this is for everyone’s information, we advise members not to post/share listings or profiles on the forum, the place where they will have the best opportunity for success is on the website where they will reach all members.

2 Likes

The listing says “Live”. But…the August sit is the issue. I have the October sit covered with a confirmed sitter. I do not know how to share the link to the forum but I will try to figure that out. Thanks

Thanks Angela. I do not think I would have figured that out anyway. I have a brain full of mush right now! LOL

1 Like

@DAV1 Your August listing is live on our Facebook Page, Twitter and I will share to other external, closed FB groups where many of our members interact.

1 Like

Angela…Cant thank you enough for your help. Had contact with the “previous sitter” who is doing OK and is being supported. I was relieved to hear that. Thanks Again. Fingers Crossed!

2 Likes

Angela…I also posted request to my local Neighborhood site and someone has expressed interest in House Sitting. I am gong to interview them this eve. If it works out…I will be all set to go. I will make all the notifications if that happens.

1 Like

Fingers crossed @DAV1 I have shared across our Social platforms and on three closed FB groups where our members communicate.

And cannot thank you enough for you care and concern. Thats why I love this group so much. Let’s hope. Im baked!!

3 Likes

How do sitters here get to see listings from owners? I’m not finding a link.

That question was asked earlier in this thread. Here’s the response:

Hi @Lauraa there are no listing links permitted on the Forum for a number of reasons however @Snowbird has included this comment …

Yes I would do this if I thought I might apply, but in this case I was trying to follow others’ comments and had the impression they had seen the listing.

You can search for sitters by location, so put in the Temple, Belton, San Antonio area and then you can contact the sitters yourself. I am a five star sitter and frequently have people find me rather than me finding the sit. You might give it a try. I also had someone contact me for a last minute sit in NYC. I was able to do it but because I had to fly within 48 hours, he offered to pay half my airfare. I was thrilled as a last minute ticket the week of christmas is expensive. So maybe you can think of that.

@Angela_L

My husband and I had a confirmed sitter up until today. However, tragically, the sitter cancelled the sit today due to a death in their family.

I unconfirmed the sit and immediately started looking again. We have been sending messages all afternoon and feel helpless. None of the persons we contacted on the Trusted House Sitters site can help.

We have non-refundable flights and hotel reservations from the 12-25th August.

Are there any pet sitters who are able to fly to Barbados in the next few days to look after our 2 cats?

We are in panic mode at this moment. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi @IslandFam I’m so sorry to hear your news I’m going to Direct Message you now …

Angela

We are in a similar situation, trying to get sitters, losing time with two sitters who accepted in principle along the way, losing us precious time. I always have our back up daily cat sitter and am about to interview another for additional assurance!

Hi @nikki welcome to our community forum I’m so sorry that you are having last minute sitter issues, good luck with the connections you are in the process of making.

I have just looked at your listing, you have great feedback from previous sitters what I do suggest is adding some more images, particularly of the interior, through research we have found the more images a listing has the more applications it receives and new listings have a minimum requirement of 5 to include interior pictures.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find the conversations both interesting and helpful.

Angela & The Team

1 Like

Following on from the above thread, I have not been able to find a sitter. I put my date out in early July for a sit from 20th August to 31st August. I had a few people respond but they were not suitable (had children but my cat is very timid and hides from children, or coming from abroad when we did not know if we would be able to travel to or from those countries) or found a sit somewhere else due to various reasons.
I decided to invite people in the hopes of finding someone, and have sent out over 80 invites. I’ve had back so many lovely replies from people, but unfortunately they are all busy.
From reading through the threads, I have updated my photos and info.
Does anyone have any ideas on anything else that I can try?
I am aware that this particular week in the UK is very busy due to the bank holiday, and also the government opening up things again.

HI @Emma1 welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining and I’m sorry you are finding it difficult to get sitters, these are very different times as we all know. I’ve looked at your listing, Romeo is adorable and you have a lovely home in a quiet location with great feedback from previous sitters

“We loved this Sit and would definitely stay again as Emma, Thierry and Romeo are all so welcoming and friendly :)”

There are sitters looking for sits more and more as travel opens up and you can relist as often as you feel necessary, which will make your sit new again.

I’m sure you’ll have some help and advice from members here on the forum, although we realise owner’s need to get their pet’s care in place as soon as possible so they can concentrate on other preparations for their travel, there is still time.

Angela & the Team

Good morning Angela

Thank you for getting back to me. I am still fairly new to this, please could you let me know how I relist. is that the same as “boosting”?

Thank you

Have a lovely day

Kind regards

Emma

1 Like