Length of Sitting

The Rideau canal does not open for skating until January unless the weather is very cold for several days. If I recalled only once the canal was opened for skating in Dec during the last 20 years. We live in the suburb has lots of restaurants, groceries stores including public transportation all within walking distance or short drives.

1 Like

What a wonderful responses from the community. It really gave us the confidence to consider this option.

5 Likes

Hi everyone - we are new to this Housesitting/sit request stuff and am hoping to get some advice.
We will be looking for a sitter for what i think is a long time (about 8 weeks) while we walk a long distance path. Do people advise looking for sitters longer in advance or do people look closer to the dates for sits they’d like to do?
I’ve never left my border terrier before but have read alot of positive expereinces on here - so fingers crossed…
Any advice or thoughts welcome.
many thanks
Victoria

1 Like

I think you can post the 8 weeks but mention that you’ll also consider applications for shorter stays. Some people travel full time and I think they’ll jump at the chance of a longer sit!
I am currently at the start of a 3 week sit which is the longest one I have ever done. So far it feels very good.

2 Likes

We usually book longer sits well in advance (one today for Christmas 2023) so if you know you’re doing those dates then go for it asap for the best chance of a wide choice of sitters. Good luck :+1:

Thank you so much for your advice - enjoy your 3 weeks - hope it goes well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for this advice that’s really helpful :slight_smile: I’ll get on with creating our listing asap.
Best wishes
V

1 Like

Hi @VictoriaBell - Welcome to Trusted Housesitters!
Long sits are always very popular so you should have no problem finding a sitter but do post early.
If a sitter has already accepted even a short sit in between your dates then that will prevent them from applying to you
Good Luck!

Hey Colin
Thanks so much for your welcome and advice.
We are working on our photos to create our listing today and tomorrow.
We are later in the whole process than would have been ideal because my daughter who was originally going to care for the dog now can’t due to work commitments.
I’ve never left my dog with someone else but the warmth of peoples responses here makes me feel less worried.
Have a lovely day.
Best wishes
Victoria

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I see the trusty members are welcoming you beautifully. Once it’s created you can add your listing to your profile if you’d like feedback on how it’s looking/appealing :raised_hands:

3 Likes