Life and living as a house/pet sitter

Hi Linda. I must admit that I do pretty much exactly what you do. Far too much social media, television, Netflix etc and far too much time mulling the meaning of life - mine. I have been sitting for nearly four years full-time now and think I have found myself in a rut. I just finished three months sitting in the UK and to be honest, I did not take full advantage of the beautiful places where I was because of this rut.

Reading your post has just brought it home to me that I need to try harder to get out of my own way and embrace the new surroundings I am in, whenever I change sits. We can become very complacent when all we need to do sometimes is simply walk out the door, who knows what we might find.

My New Years resolution is to change these bad habits and find something meaningful to do. Taking that first step is the hardest, we created this rut now we need to lose it. I am looking for a craft of some kind to do. If my mind is active, everything else falls into place.

Happy New Year to you and I wish you well, I totally understand where you are coming from, I’m there also :partying_face:

11 Likes