Meet up in Perth, Scotland UK 22 May to 6 June 2024

We are from Australia and doing a sit near Perth, Scotland, if anyone is free to meet up. We will have a car so can drive to meet up.

3 Likes

Hi @Crookie What a lovely area for a meet up, Perth has some great architecture and the surrounding areas are lovely. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, as you will have a car, don’t miss the Meikleour Beech Hedges, this massive hedge runs along 580ft of the A93 Perth to Blairgowrie Road, on the left if you’re going north and standing 120ft tall at its highest point. It is believed to have been planted in the Autumn of 1745 by Jean Mercer of Meikleour, and her husband Robert Murray Nairne (who was later killed at the Battle of Culloden). Even with its historical origins, the Meikleour Beech Hedge has carried the crown of the “world’s largest” since 1966. As with any world record, it’s a serious business and the hedge is cut and remeasured every 10 years. It is looked after by the Meikleour Trust and maintenance takes 4 men approximately 6 weeks to complete!

This is a photo I took of the Meikleour Beech Hedges on our last visit there.

2 Likes

@Crookie I will be sitting just outside Perth from 27th May to 1st June with my 2 teenage sons. We would love to meet up and will also have a car.

2 Likes

@Debbie We will be at Bridge of Earn, where abouts near Perth will you be?

@Crookie Just up the road at Craigend / Kirkton of Mailer!

Seriously @Debbie! We will be 8km away, south of Bridge of Earn, we could almost walk it!

1 Like

Meet at The Earn Coffee Shop @Debbie?

1 Like

@Crookie I was thinking we were so close we could almost walk! The Earn Coffee shop would be a great location to meet.

1 Like

We’re flexible about a meet up date so can work in with you, just not 27 May as it’s a bank holiday.

@Crookie we will be meeting friends on either 28th or 29th (whichever has the better weather forecast) to find a very old geocache, so maybe 30th or 31st would be best?

1 Like