Meeting up: June - Scotland

We live in Glasgow and are over in Ed for the Highland Show on the Thurs/ Fri. Staying in Ed Friday night and free Saturday 24th if anyone meeting up then? X

@fyfie @Jinty @DebbyAndDazzle - We are at the bottom of Leith Walk. Friday would suit me best. @PetsSit the 24th is Edinburgh Pride so I think the city will be too packed !

Friday the 23rd works for me, but you’re right, the city would be too crowded on the 24th. I am in Charlestown and it takes me two to three types of public transportation just to get into Edinburgh, so I can’t promise that I would make a meet up. If anyone wanted to come to Dunfermline, that’s only one bus from me and there are lots of fun things to do there. Big beautiful park, and lots of dog friendly pubs.

1 Like

Ah, didnt know about pride! We can do the Friday evening but if not convenient no worries x

@PetsSit
Where in Edinburgh are you staying? Just to get an idea of what might be a middle meeting point. I am in the Haymarket area
cheers
F

Hi @DebbyAndDazzle
I know Dunfermline quite well and I would be happy to have a jaunt over to Fife. Would need to be this weekend though. Short notice but if you fancy it let’s meet Sat or Sunday. Sunday would be my preference.

Sorry, I am busy both days this weekend but free next weekend.

No worries. I will check my diary for next week end and get back to you.
F.

We’re in the Pollock Halls uni accommodation near the Commonwealth Swimming Pool, so Newington area. Sorry about time delay replying, currently in Canada!

Hi Folks
Having been away for a month I have a lot of meeting up to do so,
Is it possible to confirm meeting on the 23rd June in the evening?
For a meal ?
or just drinks ?
Thanks
F.

1 Like

Sorry, I an only do the afternoon

hi Colin
What would be a good time for you?
cheers
F

@fyfie , Anytime 12-2 ish?

hi @Colin
I can do that. Do you have anything in mind where you’d like to meet? Do you fancy doing light lunch ?

@fyfie - Lunch would be great - I don’t know Edinburgh that well, We are staying on Leith Walk so anywhere on the walk or up towards Princess Street is good for me. I did see a place called the ‘Tasty pallet’ at the very top of Leith Walk as it meets the city - I only noticed it as it had a ‘doggie friendly’ sign on the window :joy: - We don’t have a dog this time but could try there if you want - unless you have anywhere else in mind?

Hi Colin
Do you like Italian ?
I know a reasonably priced Italian in George St Calle Cafe Centro. Not been for a wee while but always had good food there. Easy to find but I could meet you on Princes St if that would be easier for you. I’m assuming Karyo is with you.
I can book a table if that place suits.
I’m never sure if I am replying PM or forum.
Can you confirm this is a PM, then I can give you my phone number.
cheers
F