Missing out on good sitters?

Hi @Maggie8K a very relevant point for discussion and there have been other conversations on this very subject I’ve included a “personal experience” contribution I made to a previous discussion

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/does-age-matter-do-owners-pay-attention-to-a-sitters-age/

"As an owner I always preferred more mature , experienced sitters believing they would be more responsible and would keep this OCD owner’s immaculate house exactly as I’d handed it over, my sits were anywhere from 3 -12 months.

Now why did I do that? … History of leaving a home in the “hands” of the young (don’t ask)

One sit I listed had 20+ applications, one from a young couple 23 & 27 who were on their first sit in Costa Rica, why didn’t I pass on their application? The message was so beautifully written, personalized, professional and yet incredibly warm and sincere, their profile was just the same and straight away I wanted to know more about the author of this wonderful application.

After a couple of messages, we simply connected and I chose them from the other mature and more experienced sitters. I didn’t have pets of course and all our sitters had to do was care for and enjoy our lovely Vancouver BC home, complete with Christmas decorations and a new SUV … Whistler here we come!

While on our sit Charli joined a quilting class and left me the most gorgeous quilt as a thank you, something I will treasure always.

That was 7 years ago. In 2018 I was a guest at her wedding, life long friends after all age is no barrier to friendship.

The date on a birth certificate is not a factor, attitude, intent and ability are …

So does age matter?"

3 Likes