More happens

Been with THS since 2018, full time nomadic nearly the whole while until recently when I made the decision it was time to create a new life for myself.
Like some have said, and some know, I have tremendous gratitude for THS and the truly incredible people I have met on my sits and travels. I did not intend any of the events that have occurred to happen. My only real and honest desire was to live a happy peaceful life.
Home and pet sitting was a perfect match to satisfy so many of my needs at the time of my retirement.
So a little history, that first year I became a full timer and was invited to a short 3 night sit in South Carolina in the US, 5 cats one elderly who required subcutaneous fluid boluses. Even though I have decades of experience as a nurse, a cat would be different. The HO assured me if he could do it I could.
I was in Florida attending an event and drove the 4 hours to get there in time for their early AM departure.
I had no idea where this “Yes” would take me.
The sit was uneventful in a beautiful home with amazing gardens that actually had a maze. The people were lovely. An English man and a Brazilian woman who were gracious and kind.
Afterwards I went abroad for over a year but we stayed in touch and soon they invited me back to their new home for an extended period.
They now had two large dogs and 4 cats.
I’ve lost track of how many times I have sat for them now or when exactly they proposed to me that I become their regular person. Yes we took it offline to a private agreement.
Mostly all the sits have been a month or two months long and almost all arranged a year in advance.
We became very good friends. Twice I sat for them whilst they went to Uruguay. I would listen to every thing they told me and I made the decision to relocate.
Today they arrived. Sold their gorgeous lakeside home and moved here with their two dogs and cat. (I love these animals)and these people. So much so that I went to the airport to meet them and welcome them.
The animals all arrived well and it was a most jubilant and emotional meet up.
We don’t know what or where our travels will take us. Yes I am a very sentient person and I am so glad, grateful and happy that I have feelings and care for the people and animals That come Into my life.
I no longer do this to travel or sightsee. I do it because I love it. I love the human connection. I do it because it restored my faith in human kindness. Yep I was jaded.
Had locked my heart and feelings up in a place I couldn’t remember…
But wait there’s more :joy:
My Uruguayan HOs recommended a transportation service to help my other HOs with the animals and 4 trolleys worth of baggage. I am building a network, a community of amazing people. This is stuff you can’t find Googling.
Well anyhoo, just wanted to share my joy and happiness and let someone out there know what is possible.
There are good people in this world. Some are right in front of you if you choose to let them in.

Welcome home girls!

25 Likes

@Amparo what a beautiful story and tribute to you and the friends you have made along your journey that started with TrustedHousesitters. This is what it’s all about. Those pet parents know they can trust you and they love you for that. Those animals all know and love you and trust you as if you were also a pet parent.

You are a kind and wonderful person and this has always shown through with the stories you tell and the pics you send. I feel as though I know you myself and I have only ever read the posts from here!

I look forward to learning more about what avenues open up next for you!

6 Likes

Thank you @Debbie-L
I have no idea :smiley:
I just know it’s going to be fabulous.
Come visit :wink:

1 Like

@Amparo don’t tease me…I would love to come!

2 Likes

Love this @Amparo :heart::blush:

2 Likes

As always…love how much you share with all who care to listen @Amparo. I say that with age comes wisdom, and all the time to learn new things about new places, and meet new people along the way. Enjoy your new found home, and all the pleasure it brings you :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

@Debbie-L tune into more of this
“…I would love to” and watch you make “it”happen, whatever “it” is.
Thank you @Samox24! :kissing_heart::hugs: rock on Lovely.
And you, @Joanne bright ray of sunshine, thank you.
I hope our paths do cross again somewhere out there. Till then…

Enjoy all the moments!

5 Likes

What a wonderful story! I am so glad your jaded heart got the defib it needed through THS :slight_smile: I absolutely agree that it’s the people and pets that you meet that make this experience so special. There is something about letting a pet into your heart that makes us-the owners-a community :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

What a beautiful story we truly are lucky to have you apart of our community! Your positivity is always so nice to read and read your outlook on life and why you have chosen this lifestyle. I’d really love to learn more about Uruguay…maybe you can do another post some day?

3 Likes

It’s possible…
Thank you Lovely. I am grateful and blessed.
It’s a very special place.

New friend I met today from Brazil :brazil: Arrived today, first time.
Showing him the good stuff

9 Likes

Great story… a world full of great people!

4 Likes

And more never stops happening.
A few weeks ago I made the spontaneous decision to redirect my return to Uruguay from Australia (2 month sit) and take a turn to the UK. It’s on the way isn’t it?
Been here ten months, established residency, have done several local sits. Once my decision was made, I began perusing the available sits and messaged my “Extended British Families”, code word for wonderful people I’ve met pet sitting.
In less than a week, not only am I nearly fully booked into August 2024, but I have invitations to just come for a cuppa if you like.
Just now got a lovely msg from a lady I met in Glasgow in 2019.

Why am I sharing this?
Because I am absolutely chuffed at what has transpired because I took a chance to be a home and pet sitter after retiring.
Are there challenges, certainly.
But it’s so worth it.

Ok, taking my happy self elsewhere.
Have fun people. Figuring out stuff on your own is part of the joy.
It’s liberating
And you will meet the most extraordinary people.

6 Likes

What an amazing retirement you’ve had. Beats anything else I can think of

5 Likes