'Must have' pets search function

This could be a little niche but I’d really like to be able to search by pets and filter to select ‘must have’, horses in my case!

I don’t mind what other animals are there but I would like to have horses specifically and currently there is no way to find sits with them.

Agree, it probably is a bit niche but, also, something I would like. As a HO, when looking for a sitter it would be great to be able to just look at Sitters with farm animal experience.

5 Likes

@PetsSit @Margaret Hello, there is a pet search filter … is there an additional feature of this search function you would suggest?

1 Like

I’m not sure whether or not I have farm experience? I’ve ridden horses, I’ve sat at a house where feeding wild sheep was a duty, and I’ve sat for 10 chickens, but really, I do not feel like a farmer. It all seemed…to easy.

I expect once I’ve milked a cow and helped birth a goat, I’ll feel more qualified.

2 Likes

That search filter doesn’t work for what I describe. I want to search all sits that have horses as well as any other pets but horses as a definite.
If I select horses only then that’s all I see (sits just with horses and no other pets). If I select horses plus all others then I get everything (horses and no horse sits).
I would like a ‘must have’ horse option and then I’d see a list of all those sits with horses (+ whatever else).

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of it from the owners POV but that makes sense too!

2 Likes

When we ask for farm experience it is to know someone has been in a rural situation with animals. Not that they have actually farmed or milked a cow. If we know you have been on a farm then you will be more likely to enjoy the quiet and are more comfortable with wild animals around. It is a start to get the right people. That is all we expect to begin talking.

2 Likes