New badges for sitters

Hi @Lucy-B, there are still sitters on the site who don’t meet the mandated verifications so really Verification should still be listed under the new Experience heading. The other point is that it says House Sitting Experience with no mention of pets yet it is predominantly pets that are the main reason for owners using sitters.

3 Likes

Hi @Lucy-B - I see where you are coming from but what is the point of showing all sitters if HO cannot contact sitters without the required verifications?
I think that would be even more frustrating for HO who are having difficulty securing sitters during the ‘temporary imbalance’

1 Like

@Twitcher, @temba totally understand. I was sort of ‘thinking out loud’ there but like I say I will get some clarification from the wider team on this. As it’s the weekend I probably won’t hear back until tomorrow but will update as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks
Lucy

1 Like

Hi Lucy, just wondering if there has been any further clarification on the reason for the removal of the verification filter for sitters.

1 Like

@Twitcher Apologies for the delay there. I heard back from our product team who have told me that because the verifications are now mandatory for all sitters, this is why they have removed the option to filter by verification. With all sitters needing to have a verification level, the option to filter to only show sitters with verifications would be unnecessary as all sitters are required to have the verification to sit.

Hopefully that makes sense but am happy to gain further clarification if needed.

Thanks
Lucy

4 Likes

Thanks Lucy but I must be missing something here.
Currently there are many HO who are frustrated by the lack of available sitters and this can be seen on the forum and Trust Pilot.
If they search for sitters - whether it be in their area or further afield, they see many sitters. This does not show the true position as many of those sitters do not have the required verifications so what is the point of showing them if they cannot be contacted and cannot accept sits?
The sitters without the required verifications are still members but are unable to apply for or accept sits.

2 Likes

@Twitcher I completely appreciate your frustration, what I have been told from the team is that they have amended the sorting so sitters with ID check / criminal background check will be put at the top of the search results.

Hope that helps
Lucy

1 Like

Hi @Lucy-B, I still believe the category Verifications should be included considering all the pressure sitters were placed under to complete this and as we were told, owners wanted it. For your information, I just checked the latest information you provided to @Twitcher re sitters with ID check/criminal background check at the top of search results and for Victoria, Australia, there was an unverified sitter on both pages 2 and 3! I didn’t look any further. So this has not been amended or taking longer to reach Down Under!!
The other important point I raised earlier was in Experience it only mentions House Sitting Experience. We all know that the vast majority of sits undertaken involve pets and that is generally the area owners are most concerned about. It is their pet/s that they want cared for and loved more so than their home. Please can the product team change it to House and Pet Sitting Experience.

2 Likes

I have just had a look at another region and the non verified sitters are mixed in with the verified ones.
With respect that wasn’t my main concern.

My question is why can HO see more sitters than are actually available to them? I think it is misleading and causing much frustration to HO.

I am speaking as a verified sitter and some people will say why do I concern myself with HO concerns. I like to think I see things from both sides and believe in fairness and honesty.

2 Likes

@temba @Twitcher Thank you for all this detailed feedback, it is really helpful for us to gain member insight when tweaks like this are made on the platform. After all, it is you using the platform, and having you share your thoughts with us is invaluable as we strive to improve continuously.

Rest assured all feedback will be passed to the wider team.

All the best
Lucy