New List: have I over shared?

TMI?
Hi all,
I’m new to this and may have said too much and yet too little in my listing.
I’ve been lucky enough to get sits confirmed or currently being reviewed, so something is working.

But I’d be grateful for any recommendations on how to improve my listing.

TIA.

1 Like

Your listing would certainly appeal to me (if I had access to a car, which I don’t). A lot of your “about pets” info could go in the welcome guide instead. All in all, you’ve done well and the pics are great. Hopefully the applicant you’ve got is exactly who you’re looking for :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I tend to love lots of information up front, so your listing is perfect to me. The only thing I would maybe highlight a bit is that your dog can’t be left alone for any length of time. That might be a deterrent for some sitters. Other than that, the house and pets look lovely.

2 Likes

Hi @Laurmurf. You’ve been thorough in your listing and responsibilities. My only recommendation would be that your sitters actually stay in your home not the guest cabin as your pets, especially Holly, suffers from separation anxiety and can’t be left alone in the cottage for any length of time. It would also be more comfortable for the sitters where it’s winter and make the early morning/late night wee easier instead of stumbling in the dark from the cottage to guest cabin in the freezing cold. Also easier where neither Holly nor Charlie use a pet flap.

2 Likes

Good point about Holly’s separation anxiety; do you think if perhaps I link that to the fact that she travels very well in the car it might help?
Sitters would then know that she can go anywhere with them and/or stay in her car crate while they shop, eat lunch, whatever?

Thank you for the feedback!
I’m pulling together the house guide and fear it will be too long too!

I think it’ll definitely help to let sitters know that she can go along on outings, and also that there are pet friendly restaurants, pubs etc. in the area.

1 Like

The sit looks delightful. If my spouse and I didn’t have a vacation plan for a couple of weeks later, I’d be applying.

1 Like

Your listing looks lovely. I spent some time at the Findhorn Foundation back in 90s and lovely the region- absolutely gorgeous!
I think your listing is great- its helpful to have lots of details upfront- saves a lot of pre-call questions.
We normally don’t take dogs in our own car but as Holly travels so well in her crate that would be no problem.
I do echo another commenters suggestion that you accomodate the sitters in the main house if possible. The cabin looks & sounds perfect for your guests- extra privacy etc- when you are home caring for the pets yourselves but when the sitter is doing all that then being in the house would be much more convenient- especially in winter for the early morning/late evening pees!

3 Likes

That’s a really good call about the house rather than the cabin.
I was thinking it would encourage a sitter to know they had their own private space rather than staying in someone else’s.
So it’s really helpful to see it from a different perspective.

1 Like

That’s a great idea.
I’ll edit the listing and add more local info!

@Laurmurf the cabin is a great option if your sitters stay extra days before or after the sit so everyone has privacy but once you are gone the sitter has the whole space to themselves anyway!

3 Likes