Newbie member from sunny South Florida

Hi @Dukeshouse … I love that the most important member of your family gets to be front and centre of your profile :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog:

You’ve already had some great feedback and advice from our members and as @Snowbird says communication is the key to a successful experience for everyone involved, especially Duke.

Welcome again, feel free to ask any questions we have the most helpful and supportive community who will be more than happy to help.

Angela & The Team

2 Likes

No problem. A lot of us are not really gone more than couple hours only. If itm around, let me know. I will be in Florida in couple weeks. I can meet you and put you to ease.

I’ll be in Florida on another house sit next July so if you need a reliable, and experienced doggy sitter from the UK at the end of July through to the first week of August, do reach out.
But you’d have to be a full member of THS first so do jump on in!!

1 Like

Welcome!!! Our dog growing up was named “Duke” - inappropriately by my brother when he was little as Duke was really a Duchess, lol!

1 Like

that’s funny.

1 Like

Oh good to know. Hope borders are not shut down again to limit travel.

Great to hear. Whereabouts will you be in Florida? We are in Boca Raton.

Thanks for confirming that 4-5 hours is not unreasonable.

Good point about location. We are in what I call a suburban city, Boca Raton. Nothing is far! Glad to hear our 4-5 hour expectation is not unreasonable.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone has been so helpful and forthcoming.

Thanks, I will be joining and posting photos and info, just have to find the time LOL. Thanks for your tip!

Sounds like you have had some wonderful and interesting dog sits. Thanks for your tips, I will definitely post as much info and photos to give sitters the best overview.

Whole Florida is mine. Base is Winter Garden and Port st Lucie. I have my car.

@Grandma for your own safety and privacy, forum posts are not to include email addresses or phone numbers. Please click on the pencil below your post and delete that information. Thank you.

You can share your contact information by sending a direct message to a forum user. Click on their username and click on the green envelope.

Francine, Voluntary Forum Moderator

I thought this was direct

I’ll add a link here to @Petermac’s handy instructions:

How to send a direct message.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

My pup isn’t used to being alone for more than 40 minutes, and I tell sitters this; plus the fact that, with me away, I’d prefer him not to be left at all.

1 Like

@Vicki64Vito20 , this is important to know, so do state this in your listing. Is your dog small? I am watching a toy poodle who is never to be left alone. This is not that difficult because I) we’re both in love with her, 2) she has a great car seat and sling-type pet carrier and 3) my husband and I are a tag team so while I’m out, he’s home with her and v.v.

I am a sitter and expect that the homeowner doesn’t want their animal left for extended periods of time. I am applying for sits so I can have a more local experience and know I have responsibilities for the pet.

A couple of options:

1. One of our homeowners offered an option for doggy daycare where we could “check-in” the dog if we were going to be gone for more than 5 hours. There was one day where we were visiting a National Park that didn’t allow dogs. We happily used the daycare option and paid for it ourselves so we could visit the park.
  2. We have planned a vacation before the pet sit where we have our own agenda and can do whatever we want without obligation for the animal. This has also worked out well as we arrived a good week in advance of the petsit, and ensured our international homeowner that we would arrive in advance of the sit.

I think you would have lots of interest with your location. I say sign-up!

3 Likes