Nobody wants me :-( Advice for a first time house sitter?

That’s fantastic news, Andrew! Enjoy all those lovely sits.

2 Likes

great stuff Andrew. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

I’m just curious @Andrew … did you make adjustments to the way you applied after reading the suggestions in this thread? If so, were there certain things that really seem to have made a difference? Just thought it might help others in the same boat to hear what worked for you. Either way, congrats on all the sits!!

2 Likes

Yes I did @Shafofo. I made sure that I mentioned each dog by name, and submitted a longer application going into more detail about me and what I would do/where I would go with the dogs

10 Likes

Nice! Thx for sharing that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations Andrew, that’s great news. I hope your sit goes well.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful! So did you incorporate any of the suggestions that you think might have made them difference? If so, any ideas which one(s)?

1 Like

Yes I did @NOmtnClowns, I made sure that I mentioned each dog by name, and submitted a longer application going into more detail about me and what I would do/where I would go with the dogs

Yes @Provence , I owned a dog for 10 years (see pic). I also look after several friend’s dogs on a regular basis. I have photos of all these on my profile and references from my friends.

4 Likes

Tahoe looks gorgeous (as does your house @Provence) I’d be very interested in house/dog sitting sometime, especially if it is October 2022 - although I can’t speak french so I probably wouldn’t qualify to sit for you

1 Like

Ok. Andrew. Let’s start your french lessons right now.
Répétez après moi : « je suis très intéressé par cette opportunité en octobre » :wink:.

3 Likes

What a gorgeous old face.

2 Likes

Me or the dog @LTD? :smiley:

2 Likes

@Andrew Haha

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to the forum snd I’ve often wondered if there are alerts for new sits. Can you tell me where I can set this up?? Thank you!!

HI Doreen - Go to your dashboard and fill in the box’s where you want to sit, duration, dates, etc - Then to the right-hand side of the screen click 'save this search, - you will then be notified if any new sits that fit your criteria are posted

2 Likes

Sounds easy enough, thank you Colin!!

2 Likes

To really “wow” them, ask how often they would like updates and honour them with photos that show how much fun the pet is having. If it shows a clean house in the background, even better. If you don’t have What’s App, download that as sometimes that’s more efficient than texts if HO’s are out of country.

1 Like

I started locally. I also took last minute sits or sits that sounded like they needed extra attention for the animals. I found there was always someone needing sits last minute for holidays. It also depends on where you live.

3 Likes

Yay, Andrew!

1 Like