Our 'Mary Poppins Bag' for Aussie Critter Sitters

Hello fellow Sitters and greetings from the gorgeous French Alps!
Just posting a light hearted spiel.
Darling husband and I are annual International Sitters so arriving in the Northern Hemi. from ‘Downunder’, our luggage is our 6-8 months of essentials, mainly clothes and personals. I therefore need a ‘Mary Poppins Bag’!
I’d love to hear what other Sitters would like in their ‘bag’. Now please, these are my wee idiosyncratic wants, some of which dear Hosts do supply, some I actually pack, some are just my desirables. Here goes; microfibre cloths, a ‘good’ veg. peeler, a zester, a spin mop and bucket, a clothes sticky roller de-fuzzer, a knife sharpener, a stiffish bristle broom for paths and verandahs, a coffee machine (husband’s number one priority!), big scissors, Super-glue, a light stick vacuum, PVC chopping mats(we’re encountered too many food ingrained, often grotty chopping boards), gardening gloves, a can of WD 40…and, of course, a nice pool for hot summer Sits is extra fabulous!
The most surprising comfort we’ve been delighted to find, apart from on one appointment out of 50+, has been great bed mattresses… wow!
I await your comments with excitement(?)!!! F.

3 Likes

@Tasmazias have you read these threads ?

and

But if I had a Mary Poppins bag , :handbag: I’d take a vacuum cleaner that can deal with pet hair.

Wow! I presume you have a van…

1 Like

No, no van, dear ‘fledermaus’, that’s why we need a ’ Mary Poppins bag’!
Actually a van could go in too for those Sits that don’t offer the use use of a car…hmmmm.
Thanks for reply…F

@tasmazias
You forgot the kitchen sink and hills hoist for your wishful Mary Poppins bag😜

1 Like

Oooooh, Karen65, if I didn’t have an Aussie sense of humour, I’d think there was a touch of tease there??
We would always check for a kitchen sink before applying for a ‘Sit’, the ‘Hills’ only necessary if you have to hang the frozen leg of lamb on to defrost! (…and watch out for raptors!!).
Thanks for reply though!! Ts.

1 Like