Personalized invitation for a sitter

I have a last-minute sit and I would like to invite some local sitters to apply. I’ve sent a few but I can’t tell if my personalized message shows up along with my invite. I write out a message, then hit “Invite sitter” button above it and it all goes away – there doesn’t seem to be any record of the message. I’m just wondering if the message does arrive or if the sitter just gets a notification that they have been invited. Anyone know about this?

1 Like

@cathgreenwald I am not sure of the answer to this question but I am tagging @support@trustedhousesitters.com to help. Maybe another member can advise for sure.

1 Like

I don’t know if it helps in your case, but for each personalized invitation we’ve received, there was always an individual message from the homeowner that showed up.

2 Likes

I think that you need to send the message before clicking “invite sitter”.

4 Likes

As @Lassie mentioned if you click the dates and then hit ‘okay’ in the pop-up, the sitter will just get sent the dates as an invite.
So send the message first and then select the dates. I will also feed this back to the product team as ideally, it would be nice to not have to write the message and then select the dates separately.
If you need any more help please feel free to DM :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, you are right. The prompt in the message box is a little confusing, but I did that and it worked fine.

1 Like

I used to get invites that did not include any personal message. No notes before it was sent, nor after. (The keyword in my profile eliminated that) :blush:

I would suggest that perhaps in the space where you click on the “invite” box, you include some wording to the effect of “Send the sitter a personalized message describing your sit” or something like that. That way it’s clear that the invite and the message are not part of the same step.

1 Like

This problem has been ongoing for years.
@Carla - you say that you will feed this back to the product team.
I have raised this issue at least twice and both times I was told it would be referred to the product team.
HOs do not know that their message has not been delivered and think that the sitters are rude for not responding.
Sitters receive an invite with no message delivered and think that the HOs are rude for not sending a message.
It causes frustration, confusion and bad feeling. Surely this can be fixed?

2 Likes

@Itchyfeet Thank you for raising this as well. We do not always know what has already been raised by individuals and what hasn’t, but the important thing is to make the product team aware and if the same issue or idea gets raised multiple times that could be a good thing as it makes it more visible. It is posted on the internal product feedback channel and I have added your feedback to it as well, as it clearly lays out the challenges to both sides of the platform.
Also, I know the inbox is on the list to look into, so fingers crossed this could be included in that when it is done.
Thank you for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m new here and ran into this issue too, I also have a couple of sits, I need sitters for and am a bit concerned, so I’ve been inviting people to the sit, hopefully someone will respond. But what I do is write the letter, or copy it from a previous post, do the invite, send the message first and then invite them to sit. I hope it’s working it seems to be working, but I’m not sure it does. I want to send a letter because some sitters want to know if they can store their paddle board at my house & want them to know yes of course, I have a huge garage, no problem.