Positive post: excellent sitters

There are, for obvious reasons, a lot of ‘negative’ posts in the forum so I thought I’d balance it out with a nice one!

I’m currently away (working in Kenya) and I have two amazing sitters. They are a mother and daughter travelling together and they are fantastic. I get messages every day with photos and videos. The cats clearly love them and are really relaxed and happy. They even contacted me when a cup broke to ask where they could buy another like it. Not necessary but nice to be asked.

After a not-so-great previous sitter, it’s been such a relief to get someone so good and it makes my trip so much less stressful. I really am so glad I found THS. It’s making my trips (2 x 2-month trips a year) a lot easier.

One of my cats knows nothing of personal space but thankfully the sitters are very happy with the level of snuggles!

So, for anyone struggling with a less-than-perfect sitter or finding it hard to get a good sitter for their listing, stick with it. There really are some excellent sitters out there.

(Photo is me with my no-personal-space cat)

29 Likes

What a lovely post! Yes, the forum has turned into a bit of a moaning contest. Thanks for telling us about a good experiences instead!

5 Likes

What an adorable kitty you have @MamaSarah . It’s nice that you posted this. Good experiences far surpass the bad ones and it’s nice to get the reminder.

3 Likes

Does that kitty really have beige body fur? Or is he/she wearing some sort of jumper?

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice post!

Though I don’t believe it needs to be to off set any other post. Anyone can post something positive! Perhaps others will follow!

1 Like

No jumper, although he’s a sweetheart so he’d probably tolerate one! That’s his fur colour. He’s a Snowshoe so he has a lot of Siamese colouring with BSH fur type.

4 Likes

We’re sitters, we’ve completed around 20 sits, and I agree totally with you, from the opposite perspective. I hear horror stories on here of HO’s treating sitters like employees or not making sitters aware of certain situations or expecting something that is outside of THS’s guidelines. Whereas our reality has been brilliantly life changing.

All of our HO’s have been lovely people, fantastic on every level. I can’t praise THS enough, we have met some beautiful people via THS, normal, down to earth, and appreciative HO’s, and amazing pets too.

6 Likes

Cheers to this! I’ll add to the “woot woot” because we recently returned from our third vacation in 5 months where a THS sitter stay at our house with our dog and cat and we have been over the moon with all of our sitters! I would chalk it up to a combination of good luck and thorough vetting. I have a long video call with prospective sitters and ultimately I select people that I communicate well with and have a good rapport with. I keep in touch throughout the weeks/months leading up to our trip and we always spend a day/night together before the trip - we show them the ropes, give them time to settle in and ask any questions, and take them out to dinner. It definitely takes time and effort and, yes, luck, to find great sitters but I truly believe that the vast majority are excellent. I’m optimistic that the sitters coming in March and June will be just as wonderful!

9 Likes

Just wanted to add to this that we just completed reviews for a solo THsitter and for a THsitter couple.

It was such a relief during our month long absence that our home (and outdoor Winter birds) were being cared for (we took our kitty with us.)

We renewed a connection. Made a new connection and participated in this shared community!

1 Like