Product updates

Hi Everyone :wave:

We have just done a new App release :iphone: which includes the following:

1. We now show sits without live dates at the bottom of the App search. These sits appear as an extra section below the sits with available dates. @Daisy999

2. Messages not appearing in the inbox thread. We have had some reports of messages not appearing on App, but appearing on the web. We’ve added functionality to allow users to swipe up from the bottom of a conversation thread in order to reload the messages. If any messages have not loaded then this will refresh the inbox and message thread and fetch the most up-to-date messages.

3. Android back button not working when viewing a listing We have fixed a few bugs with the android back button in the search, where pressing it wouldn’t navigate back.

Many Thanks, Ben

7 Likes

Working perfectly. Thank you @Ben-ProductManager

Would you please clarify what you mean by “sits without live dates”. I did a couple of searches on the android app and got no results either live or not live.

1 Like

Hi @Wetravel

We now show a section called sits not currently accepting applications - a listing is within this section:

• A Sit has been paused
  • A Owner has confirmed a Sitter
  • A Owner does not have any live dates

It looks like the following and is in the latest iOS and Android release.

Thanks, Ben

1 Like

Thanks Ben,

Now could you PLEASE make it so we can see captions on pictures when we’re looking at sits on our computers and not just on the phone app? I know members have been requesting this for over a year.

Thanks,
Howard

3 Likes

Hi @Wetravel

It’s on our to-do list :+1:

It’s not been done, yet as it’s more complicated than we thought, as we don’t have enough space on mobile layout/design, so we will need to look at a different solution, and will likely need to rejig the layout for photos and captions to work across devices.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

The captions show on the mobile app.

They don’t show when we’re looking at them online on the website on a PC.

So, not having enough space on the “mobile layout/design” shouldn’t apply.

Thanks,
Howard

1 Like

@Wetravel we also need to make it work on mobile web, website is responsive to all screen sizes as well as desktop view.

Many Thanks, Ben

1 Like

Just curious, I didnt see the reviewing or low application badges on the app. Did see the low app on the web login.

With future changes, can you specify which part of the platform they are visible. i.e. web only, apple app only, android app only etc etc

1 Like

Don’t understand this feature and feel development time could go to fix known problems.

It’s feels like, these are some you’ve missed out on. Better luck next time. As we don’t have any you can apply for, just look at these.

If I had a restaurant and show meals that we have made in the past, it doesn’t help me right now. If anything highlights the lack of sits based on my search.

Perhaps work to fix the problem that after scrolling down 99 sits, the 100th is repeated 50+ times. So when it says 5,400 sits, it doesn’t help me if I can’t see them. Especially as you have so many convoluted ways for a HO to boost theirs to the top. Which again smacks of either up selling, sorry no one is clicking on yours, if you buy premium package you can boost. Or that it is a way to temporarily appease disgruntled HO from leaving. Either way, don’t feel it is a move by a strong confident organisation.

Another problem just starting the last few days, after 30ish sits in the homepage, the others are not loading photos. Then the is a run of no photos, then 1 with, the continues with no photos.

4 Likes

I’m a little confused. I have set up a search (California, 3 days or less, cats only). When I look at the search results I get the one or two available sits, then a never ending scroll of cats sits in California that aren’t currently looking for a sitter.
This is really irritating, IMO intentionally deceptive, and completely unnecessary- I set a saved search for a reason, and don’t want all theses extra listings.

1 Like

Search results on the site are so bad right now. . . I searched for sits >1 month and the app told me there were 97. However, when I reviewed the search results there were about 300, except that most of them were for sits for as short as 2 nights.

Key learning: do not rely on search results. scroll through pages and pages of sits and do the search yourself. Sad, but true.

2 Likes

There are massive bugs in the search function. I wrote an email to THS and got a standard / non-committed response which was disappointing.

2 Likes

@thebutterflynomad

I just discovered by random chance. . . the quality of search results improves if you actually use the filter for “dates”. If dates are irrelevant to your search, enter dates anyway (e.g. starting date tomorrow’s date, ending date in a year from now).

Is anyone else receiving notifications for ‘matching’ sits which do not not match their saved filters?

Hi @KelvinLamport

A big welcome back to the forum.

I will DM you for details so I can pass this onto our tech team.
Best wishes
Therese

1 Like

Hello everyone and Happy New Year from the Product Team at Trusted Housesitters. :wave:

We are pleased to announce the improvements we’ve made to the platform in our busy first week back after the Christmas break:

• Airbnb and LinkedIn links on the App. It’s now possible to view a sitter’s Airbnb and Linkedin profiles, if they’ve added them, through their profile

• App inbox loading improvements. This is the big one, as this will improve load times across the App and was causing us latency problems across our platform. We have simplified and streamlined the inbox, so we now have an Inbox view and an archived messages view. You can still view all the conversations organised by your open dates on the Dashboard if you are a pet parent or combined member or from the Your Dates page if you are a sitter.

• Find a House Sit sort options on web (coming soon to App) We have added 3 sort options for you to choose from when doing a search. “Recommended” shows sits that you are more likely to secure”Newest” sorts the sits by the date they were added to the platform. And finally, “Distance” sorts sits based on their distance from the place you searched (note this is only available for searches performed at a city level). These were all tested towards the end of 2022 and helped more members find and secure the desirable sits.

Once again thank you for all your support, suggestions, and proposed improvements.

Many Thanks, Trusted Housesitters Product Team

1 Like

What is the purpose of the recommended filter in search? If I’m doing a search for a location why would one place be recommended over an other ?
Why is a low application filter needled? HO can only get 5 applications and under 5 is low. Does it mean they have less than 4, 3, or 2?

1 Like

@ExploreDreamDiscover the recommended sort option is something that will evolve over time and we will be iterating on this. It will be a personalised order based on sits you are likely to secure and sits that should interest you based on previous activity.

Thanks, Ben

We have also fixed the ‘duration’ of Sit filter issue that that has been reported Duration of sit

Many Thanks, Ben