Product updates

Hi @Snowbird - I didn’t think I had the distance filter either but it appears when you put in a particular location such as London. Unfortunately I don’t know the radius used in the calculation. Many places seem very far away from London itself.

@Lindsay Thank you for the screenshot it is very helpful. Ben is currently not online but will see he has been tagged and we will pass this onto the tech team and ask for an update on the roll out of the new filters. Thank you

Thank you @Twitcher. That worked for me. It seems logical now, but didn’t cross my mind at the time. :smiley:

Hi @Ben-ProductManager, if I remember correctly, what @Snowbird is recommending actually happened back when I joined in 2015. I’m thinking you weren’t around then to know this but it certainly made it simple. As some members have reported, other house/pet sitting sites do list by sit start date.

3 Likes

Hi @Ben-ProductManager, it seems like the default is now ‘recommended’ sits not ‘newest’ which is really frustrating. Even when I change it to newest it reverts back eventually to recommended. Is it possible to have newest as the default.

3 Likes

Hi @Ben-ProductManager,

If I favorite a listing with the “Reviewing” label, does the HO receive a notification that I’ve favorited them?

@Ben-ProductManager

THS seems to be attempting to roll out extremely advanced features while basics do not work. You have a credibility problem. If a user searches for sits in a particular location and receives nonsensical results (e.g. sits in a different location), no-one will believe that your algorithm can recommend a sit with any degree of accuracy. You wasted your time on this “improvement”.

Please, fix the basics. Leave the advanced stuff to Google and DARPA. They are better at it than you, and it would be nice if the basics worked consistently and reliably.

5 Likes

For some years the London sits have included quite far-off locations. Recently 24 sits include only 3 actually in Greater London. I have a saved London search open permanently in my browser with Sorted for Distance engaged. This means Low Applications and Recommended don’t show up first. Of course I have to refresh it whenever I remember.
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 14.41.19

Where do I find the reviewing and not currently looking listings. I no long can find them.?

@Ben-ProductManager, I just did a search for sits Anywhere, with two filters: Pets filtered to include 5 types, and Duration filter for 1 month plus.

Here my first 36 results on the mobile app, in order, not skipping over any:
4 days
6 days
1 month
22 days
20 days
18 days
1 month & 10 days
29 days
3 months & 9 days
1 month & 21 days
8 days
16 days
1 month & 8 days
8 days
6 days
1 month
1 month & 16 days
21 days
1 month
3 months
9 days
13 days
28 days
2 days
1 month & 3 days
3 days
24 days
8 days
4 days
10 days
10 days
1 month & 15 days
1 month & 2 days
14 days
3 days
1 day

Also, the cherry on top is that the app says, at the top of the results, “32 sits worldwide accepting applications,” but there are far more than 32. More than 70. I couldn’t count that high.

It really seems like before you go and add new sort options, you should fix the duration filter. That’s a really really basic operational need.

6 Likes

@Betsy totally agree the basic stuff needs to be functional before spending time on add-ons. As well as the duration filter I still struggle with the location function as @Lauraa has mentioned. Clicking on City of London (which I would assume covers the area within the M25 at the very most) the default map which appears goes way out into Sussex, Essex, Hertfordshire etc. Whilst I can zoom in I simply don’t understand why the location function cannot be more accurate especially given “City of London” is just one option with “London” being another where it might be more logical to have a wider geographical area shown although I still dispute that St Albans, Southend or Colchester for example can be classed as “London”. If it is to give the appearance that there are more sits in a given area then it certainly doesn’t work for me as it is just incredibly frustrating!

4 Likes

@LizBCN Yes, I only use location search words for whole states in the USA, or for whole countries elsewhere, but after that I rely on the map, zooming in. City and regional names are useless.

1 Like

You might do what I do: London sits come in with all those faraway places, I now sort by ‘Distance’ and the few actually in London rise to the top.
The inclusion of places so far away from big cities has been explained long ago as something google does. The existence of a category called City of London is really strange, as for residents that means a specific small ancient area actually called ‘the City’.

Exactly. I have done some freelance in London and I always thought of the “city” as Zone 1 as defined by the Tube with perhaps a little of Zone 2 but certainly not outside of this area.

I’ve always been exasperated by homeowners who choose City of London as their location when they live in anywhere but the Square Mile!

3 Likes

As much as I find the new location search button “Europe” very useful I cannot say the same about buttons labeled Canada, Australia, UK, US and would rather see them replaced with more useful ones like SEA, South America, Central America

2 Likes

Hi @Lindsay if you are a combined member or an Owner we have not added the ‘sort options’ to this membership type. Will be coming over next week.

Thanks, Ben

Hi @IfItFitsISits

Owners get notified ‘who has favorited’ your listing and are sent an email.

See attachement (somebody fav my listing :sweat_smile: :grin:)

Many Thanks, Ben

1 Like

@ExploreDreamDiscover listings where a Pet parent is not currently looking for a Sitter are displayed after the listings with live dates.

Thanks, Ben

Is it correct that this is only available to the premium homeowner members?