Reply rating for owners & sitters

Well no @Candide I’m not, as you’ll see above I say I’m not optimistic….

2 Likes

I have now ! Not holding my breath though :joy:

1 Like

Hi @Smiley. I’ve sent your feedback to the team. They do have a long list of items to work on, but this is a good reminder about this particular item. Also getting people to vote helps, too. Thanks for bringing this up.

2 Likes

We were members of those 2 websites too, and I agree. When I saw a reply rating of 4 or less, I didn’t bother applying unless we were very, very interested (or desperate!), but then I already knew I shouldn’t get my hopes up! It helps in managing expectations. And yes, I’ve voted @Smiley :wink:

When you say that this feedback has been sent to the team do you mean Ben? It seems that the only one on this “team” is Ben.
Is any of the multimillion $ investment going into a larger IT department?
The list gets longer and longer…

2 Likes

This is also the first time I’ve noticed a vote option on a post. Lol. You may want to edit your original post to call attention to it.

Good luck, @Smiley!

1 Like

Already voted @Smiley :+1:

3 Likes

Done. Thank you @geoff.hom

1 Like

I’d like to see this too. I would vote for it but apparently I’m out of votes!

1 Like

AirBnb posts a response rate for hosts, which helps people awaiting responses to know what is likely to happen (or not happen be it the case. As a former host, I worked harded to keep my rate “within an hour”, but there were other categories such as “within a few hours” or “within a few days” etc.
Just a thought…

Thank you @Karen_E, we’ll wait and see then :wink:

1 Like

I don’t like the ‘within a few days’ category

You’re welcome, @Smiley. BTW, I had reason recently to read the TH “Terms and Conditions”: Terms & Conditions | TrustedHousesitters.com

And I noticed this:

1. REQUIREMENTS OF PET PARENTS AND SITTERS
    • 5.1. The following applies to all Members. You will:
      • 5.1.13. respond to communications from other Members in a timely manner, but in any event, within 72 hours;

I guess the answer to life, the universe, and everything is … 72!

1 Like

So that works then! :joy::rofl:

@Lindsay I’m nearly out of votes too! I wonder if we ever get a new allocation? I’ll try to find out & report back.

1 Like

I had a look earlier and found this post, so unfortunately it doesn’t look like it.

I see; so the Discourse figure is flexible but they choose not to allow us more :confused:. It would have helped to know that 2+ years ago when I just voted for anything that seemed good, rather like a :heart: or a :+1:t3:
On the bright side, we get the votes back if a topic is closed…
(See under “Configuration”)

3 Likes

@Saltrams if you click on Vote you can also see a list of where you’ve used your votes. You may want to change your selections and remove one so you can use it on something that’s become more of a priority to you.

5 Likes

Just get kinda sad when pet parents don’t respond. We do a lot. And love their babies.

They’re in the minority though, fortunately. What’s your story here?