Saved Searches now no use

I mentioned this back in the Pausing Application days: Saved Searches are now useless. Not long after mine was received (today, and yesterday, and so on), the sits I was interested in were already reviewing applications. The only way to see what’s new is to look at a place one is interested All The Time. Might as well bin the Saved thing.

6 Likes

Same with favorites in popular sits in different timezones. I am trying to keep records of the time I get the alerts on favorites of interest (often while I’m sleeping) and the application status when I have the opportunity to check. So many are now already at the ‘reviewing application’ stage, even though I wake up early. I’m not sure if it will do much good, but I’ll send the results to customer support once I have about a months worth. Unfortunately, I don’t havebaseline data against which to compare my results. Just a sinking feeling that getting a sit in New York next spring is unlikely unless we head to the Americas first.

3 Likes

I’m even looking in the same time-zone where I live. @Ben-ProductManager

3 Likes

I think the only thing we can do is keep hard data. Gut feelings won’t hold any water.

2 Likes

Also now that the search filter still is not working properly I’m pretty sure I’m NOT getting accurate search results. (Referring to when searching no pets you see sits for bunnies and goats)

3 Likes

The only reason I upgraded a few months ago was to have unlimited ‘saved search’ options - not impressed.

2 Likes

Last week, I was browsing on the website and saw a listing that’s saved in my favourites.

About 30 minutes after I’d closed the site, the app pinged me a ‘new dates’ alert for that listing. When I immediately clicked onto the listing via the alert, applications were already full.

Saved listings and favourites are now pointless, unless they’re for unpopular locations in the back of beyond.
The only way to find sits in popular cities for the dates that you need is now to constantly check for availability - a tremendously time consuming and thankless task.

The new system is a steaming pile of garbage, but we all know that already. It’s obviously improving the metrics on the report run for the monthly meeting though, so who cares about UX eh? :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

I agree. I think they want us to be on the website constantly, so that there’s more ‘clicks’ at any one point, pushing it up on ratings…really annoying especially for full-time sitters trying to maximise a route/dates.

5 Likes

Well put! What an accurate description. I am trying to keep data on WHEN I get the alert for place we are looking to book next, WHEN I have the opportunity to view it, and the STATUS when I do. Its not 100% complete as I don’t always have my notebook to hand. But pretty good. As a scientist/quality manager I wanted to make sure my gut feeling is accurate rather than just an extension of my displeasure at the change. Because we are looking to travel to a popular destination in a different timezone for our next sit, they are almost always ‘Reviewing Applications’ by the time I view them. The ones that are still available are mostly 1 to 2 days, or very short notice. And as you said, even a gap of less than an hour can see them full. Extremely frustrating.

3 Likes