Short video celebrating our first sit

I thought you might like to see a short video my husband made of our first sit in Sorrento, Victoria, Australia which we gave to the owner - she loved it.

37 Likes

Brilliant! Can I ask, How much time would it take to produce a one-minute film such as this?

2 Likes

Thanks Colin, glad you like it. Hugh says that once you’ve taken some video clips and chosen a piece of music, only about an hour to stitch it all together or quicker if you’re not as fussy as he is!

2 Likes

@DeretaMaria Great idea : I love it !!

1 Like

A lovely video clip and great idea. During our recent sit, we sent a short whatsapp video to the owner as well as photos, but your video is even better!

2 Likes

Fantastic! We often send videos of pets via WhatsApp, but this is a fantastic idea. Can I ask what program your husband uses?

And love the string leash on the beach! Doesn’t appear Ella really needed it! Beautiful dog.

2 Likes

Hi @DeretaMaria I absolutely love this! I wish we could all do this when sitting, or get these when we leave our babies at home in such great hands. I will tell you that I could see how happy she was when she was out on her walk…and I love the way you ended it with her snoozing! Genious!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, of course she loved it, it’s wonderful!! Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love it - that’s great!

3 Likes

That’s fantastic!

2 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

So glad you like it - he uses a DJI Oslo pocket video camera to film and i-Movie on his Mac iPad to put it all together. He gets his tunes from Audio Jungle. Hope that’s not too much information!

I like the light long string leash to give the dog as much freedom as possible while still maintaining contact - she did have a habit of suddenly dashing off out of sight so we didn’t want to lose her. She was certainly a gorgeous happy girl.

1 Like

I copied and pasted a link to YouTube. Hugh has his own channel. Hope that helps.

Such a cute video! Thank you so much for sharing @DeretaMaria :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

How sweet. I love her happy little trot and the little tail wags. Looks like everyone had a great time.

2 Likes

Brilliant what a gorgeous dog and a lovely place to house and pet sit

3 Likes

Wonderful! Often, when I tell people about TH they comment about how could they be sure that people coming to sit will care about their animals as they do. Photos and videos like this say it all. We love pets—anyone’s pets!

2 Likes

Lovely comment, thank you.

1 Like

ah, the perks of sitting as a couple. All my pics are selfies with the pet. That is one happy girl, I’m sure the owners loved it.

2 Likes

I absolutely love this, such a beautifully made video clip! Gives me confidence for both my first sitter to come and stay in my house with my dog and also the first house sit l am about to do looking after someone elses dogs.
Thankyou for sharing!

4 Likes