Sitters How Do You Feel About Mowing lawns?

@anon1411559 same here and we very much enjoy it too! :slightly_smiling_face:

John having fun mowing the lawn on one of our previous sits.

5 Likes

It must be a “John” thing … no complaints from my husband John about mowing any lawn when the equipment is like this model. Mind you one with a prancing horse decal would be even more appealing :rofl:

1 Like

We’re on a 3 week sit now, … and it involves mowing the lawn. I happen to be fine with doing it. It’s not like the homeowner cancelled their regular groundskeepers because they had a pet-/house-sitter who would do it instead. Ditto pool maintenance/cleaning (getting debris out of the filters/skimmer). The homeowner did/does their own lawn when they are here, they aren’t here, the expectation is/was that the sitter would pick up that chore … like putting out the trash cans, bringing in packages, etc. I suppose, as long as it was clear up front (which yours seems to be) then easy to either accept the sit, … or not.

3 Likes

We had one 3 week sit where the owner had a regular gardener but my hubby likes cutting the lawn so he did it anyway and the gardener had more time to trim the hedges and do other work. Everyone was happy.

3 Likes

We just returned from a house sit that was just a few hours drive from us. The couple mowed the lawn the night before we arrived and we were only there for nine nights but the grass grew amazingly fast. So my husband took the liberty of mowing the lawn the night before they arrived back. They were so appreciative so we have no problem doing that.

3 Likes

We have only done it once during a month sit. The HO asked if we heard the neighbors mow the lawn already and we took that as a hint that maybe it’s time for us to mow their lawn as well :). Not a problem for us if the sit is long enough, but usually homeowners do everything in their power to keep our workload small.

1 Like

I think I’ve always mowed the lawn if there has been one and it’s mowing time of the year. Obviously if it’s a very short sit it may not need done.

2 Likes

Some help on mowing lawns … :wink:

2 Likes

@Angela_L I will be sure to pass this on to John :joy:

There is a listing that in addition to care of their pet, is also asking a sitter to weed, transplant, harvest and water every other day at another property of theirs that is 15 minutes away. Is this permitted? They don’t have any applicants yet.

Hi @Mars. Would you please DM a link to that listing? Thanks.

1 Like

I did it in couple house. One of them was a nice size in Canada. I have not been told before but they were getting a find from HOA. The other one was electrical one, easy.

3 Likes

I’m going to take you on as a cleaner when I get back into my house! :joy::rofl:

@Smiley, For a couple of quid extra, I’ll get my naked butler bow tie out of storage. :wink:

1 Like

Now you’re talking! :joy::rofl: