Hi Angela, I appreciate you asking! I’m not sure I’m the best person to answer, but from what I’m hearing a lot of homeowners either don’t understand or don’t respect the process. A few ideas off the top of my head are:
- A contract that requires HOs to click through basic rules of etiquette and initial they’ve read them, and clear rules about losing privileges if they don’t act responsibly
- clearly stated information about what happens online when you post dates, pause dates, select a sitter, etc.
- what “timely manner” means - should they acknowledge messages within 72 hrs or 10 days? What happens if they don’t?
- perhaps a limit of 12 active applications. If they want more they need to decline some to allow more to apply.
- automated removal of a listing after a certain period of time (for HOs who leave a listing active for weeks or months)
I don’t know, I assume most HOs are doing their best, but reading these threads makes me feel like sitters have less power and are held to a higher standard, which doesn’t seem fair. There has to be some system in place to discourage slacker HOs and educate the rest. These are just ideas, obviously I’m not making decisions around here, but I hope it helps!