"Talking Dogs" communicating with button boards

Having come across a listing for a dog who uses a soundboard and knows over 70 words I was wondering if other sitters have experience sitting for a pet who uses these? Reviews have said the dogs intelligence was “mindblowing” and the owner said if he’s too “chatty” just ignore him! This dog seems very advanced with putting together word combinations and sometimes it takes the owner months to understand, sounds like a fun sit!

2 Likes

There’s a lot of it on tiktok and youtube. If you google ‘dog talking buttons video’ you can see them, it really is amazing.

1 Like

They do seem amazing. If you do the sit, it would be great to hear about the experience from a sitter POV.

1 Like

We’ve looked after a doggie who had one. It was funny to see him press on certain words, but to be honest, I’m not 100% convinced he truly realized what he was pressing. :grinning:

1 Like

Ive been watching a couple of dogs on Facebook - also some cats too. Fascinating.

1 Like

I’m not an expert but can confirm two favourite words are 'dinner ’ and ‘walk’

9 Likes

Is the sit in Germany @avocadotoast? We met some amazing THS hosts who were super clever archaeologists who were firm believers in these boards. 100 words was their estimate for Rudy the Romanian rescue pup :heart::raised_hands:t3:

Our dog knows over 60 words/phrases and sometimes I feel like a jerk for not teaching him to use answer buttons, but I know he’d be talking our ear off constantly :sweat_smile:.

One thing I’d ask is do they provide a glossary for the dog regarding the words they were explicitly taught? I’ve found that providing one to people has been super helpful for when they want to communicate with my dog and encourage my clients to generate the same for their dogs…just really helps with consistency and understanding across all the humans!

Please definitely let us know how the sit goes. Sounds like a lot of fun! Lol

2 Likes

Likewise, our dog knows a lot of words and phrases and I think he’d be able to learn buttons, but he might be hitting the treat button all day long.

3 Likes

Oh how wonderful! The listing I came across was actually in Japan.

1 Like

Wow! Great work Bakindoki, very impressive :star_struck: I just came across the listing but will be sure to send an update if we do end up doing a sit .

1 Like