Tenants in the home

“…a quick DM to any of the Admins with the link and reason why works really well.”

The problem is that there isn’t a “quick” way, not compared to how posts on other social media sites can be flagged. It could be a lot easier for sitters to report posts.

Given how THS management is behaving towards its sitters lately, I’m less inclined to provide unpaid help (reporting problematic posts) to the company generally. I believe that all sits should be reviewed by THS staff before they go live.

I enjoy receiving and giving help via this valuable forum, and appreciate the member contributions immensely.

5 Likes

Then simply don’t.
If you do, do so out of kindness and a true desire to help the community.

This is your perception and your opinion. Some here may agree with you but I assure you there are many who do not and are thrilled by the services that THS provides and their efforts to raise the standards of home and pet sitting.

This is not a social media site.
This is a forum made available to us by TrustedHousitters. Something that some seem to have overlooked.

This is not meant for you on a personal level so please do not take offense. I have been watching and reading for a long time and frankly quite taken aback at the lack of courtesy, respect and appreciation that some show here towards the admins of this company and this group.
Yes there are problems and things that need improved.
Constantly complaining doesn’t speed up the process.

8 Likes

I don’t have any issues when I send flagged ads to any of the admins & will continue to do so.

I 100% agree with @Amparo :+1:

1 Like

Hello and thank you @Amparo I have :clap: you, but once just isn’t enough for this comment. I see us as a community on this forum, supporting each other to make our lifestyles a sharing and caring support team for each other. Yes, supported by staff too, but overall supporting each other. I have learned a lot here, and shared it with homeowners, and I’m happy to volunteer my time and give back when I can.

I’ll also address those who come to this forum for help, receive a range of constructive feedback, choose not to take any of it, only to return repeatedly asking why no one is applying for their sits, or booking them for a sit. I have to :zipper_mouth_face: on my thoughts then.

Sorry if I piggybacked on your post, @Amparo, but I just think it’s in a similar vein. Those who are looking out for each other, and helping each other, I applaud you. :clap:

These are my personal opinions. OK, I’ll get off my soapbox now, before I hurt myself. :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you @Snowbird
I have a voice too and not afraid to use it.
yes, I am “happy” but I am no pollyanna.
I am happy because I choose to be happy.
Piss and vinegar does horrible things to my skin.

2 Likes

I was reading yesterday about the health benefits of a good belly laugh (not the article below, but I thought I’d add it anyway). @Amparo, thanks for keeping me healthy almost daily, by giving me good belly laughs. Besides the laughs though, or a more serious note, your insight and empathic personality are soothing for the soul. Thank you for that too. :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you. There is a reason for that as you probably suspect.
Laughter and happiness are very serious business and is the best medicine in the world.
I will message you privately.

3 Likes

I agree 100%

5 Likes

I enjoy helping other sitters and homeowners via this forum. I have also received invaluable information for my dual roles as owner and sitter. My criticism is intended for THS management, not members. I edited my post to clarify that.

3 Likes

I was browsing listings in the UK and saw one that stated clearly that there is a “holiday let” in the garden and one of the duties of the sitter was to “keep an eye “ on the self-catered let. Wow! I did not save the listing and it would be nearly impossible to find it again, but I just don’t see how this gets past THS admin.

1 Like

That would require someone have to read every listing. What HO and sitter write on their profile is of their own free will.
Do we expect THS to monitor and screen every listing? Require every listing be pre-approved before going live?
And how long will that take?

From my perspective, two choices.
Tell someone or go on your way to find the sit that’s right for you.

1 Like

Yes, because that’s what they say they do. You’re right about the two choices though. The following is from the website:

How do I know if my listing is live for sitters to see?

All new listings are reviewed and approved by our team before going live for sitters to see. It can take up to 12 hours for your listing to be approved.

You can check the status of your listing by heading to your Dashboard. You can also find helpful status labels letting you know what sections need more information whilst editing your listing.

Checking via the website:

• Go to your dashboard and to the ‘My listing’ section.
  • If your listing is awaiting approval, you will see the ‘In review’ badge underneath your listing title - this means it is currently not live on the site.
3 Likes

Well now that is interesting. Had not seen that before. So now I wonder…
What if initially they are approved and then change it? What a hodge podge.

Maybe they have outgrown their knickers? :thinking:

5 Likes

Hmm…I wonder?

1 Like

@PVGemini @Amparo @anon1411559

Hi for insight … All new listings go through an approval system these are done 3 times a day by the Membership Services Team … occasionally, just occasionally, one will slip through that should have been reviewed more closely our team are human after all.

Listings from established members who only need to add dates to re list do NOT go through an approval process, however between the time of first listing and then re listing owners can edit their listings, just as sitters can edit their profiles, which can result in changes.

If the changes are not within our guidelines or breach the code of use or conduct then members can forward their concerns to the team who will contact the owner.

The whole team are doing regular sweeps of the site and also looking for sits yes we have to apply in exactly the same way as every other member (and we get rejections in favor of other sitters too) and any anomalies will be picked up.

The system has worked for the past 11 years with very few issues in relation to the thousands of sits on the site and those successfully happening all over the world.

If you come across a sit which you feel need some managing while we don’t expect or ask that you bring it to our attention, if you did that would be extremely helpful for the MS team and our community.

Thank you

4 Likes

If they’re not monitoring the listings, which is what they promise that they do, what are we paying for? I would like some assurance that I’m not going to have to apply the lotion to my skin when I’m in a pit in the bottom of somebody’s torture chamber. :wink:

1 Like

That’s funny. But seriously, I feel I get way more than I pay for.

With experience and practice we learn to ask better questions, assessment skills sharpen with practice and we learn how to quickly sift out the wrong sit and shady places. :wink:

2 Likes

It was tongue-in-cheek, that’s what the laughing smiley whatever was for!

Still, I remain steadfast that I prefer to take showers on my own schedule, not from a garden hose held over my prison-pit.

1 Like

You’re hysterical! :joy:

1 Like

you laugh, but i once had a HO request that i save rain water in buckets and use those to bathe in the garden rather than using their perfectly functioning full bath. i respectfully said no chance. i learned a LOT about what to ask before accepting a sit from that one because that wasn’t even her worst request.