THS are in talks for a deal with Mayfair [THS spokesman]

News articles everywhere talking about Mayfair deal with THS.

“ A spokesman for Trusted Housesitters, which employs about 70 people, said it had “plans to connect millions of pet parents and petsitters around the world”.”

“Negotiations [about a deal] are ongoing.”

Thoughts?

What’s Mayfair? The London borough?

1 Like

Hi @Peonie19 you might want to have a look at this article which was on Sky News online yesterday

Hi @Alison_smith you might want to have a look at the attached thread here

So marketing will become much more intensive to achieve high growth rates.

And the whole thing does not scale very well, certainly not with the present software. Introducing the limit-of-five was a kludge to deal with the problem. THS will need to do something about popular sits reaching “reviewing” faster and faster. I guess that that is what the introduction of preferences in profiles is supposed to achieve, but it will be difficult.

1 Like

Gotcha. I live on the other side of the Pond, so this was totally new to me.

That thread is locked :thinking:

I fear it’s going to get tougher and tougher for sitters with more “improvements” on the way :sleepy:

2 Likes

@Wildcolonialgirl Things will change, but some parts may get better.

For example, I would like the same geographical density of homes in continental Europe as what there is now in the UK.

2 Likes

Hi @Wildcolonialgirl as @Jenny mentioned (at the bottom of the attached thread), that thread is now closed but I attached it so that @Alison_smith and anyone else who hadn’t seen it already could take a look.

@pietkuip More sits in Europe … yes!!!

Let’s hope it leads to improvements.

2 Likes

Could be really good for THS. Hopefully have the funds to increase staff & make some of the changes that we’ve been asking for.