Topic/Question Of The Week - Puppy Sitting - Have You, Would You?

Nearly half of all Brits who currently own a pet got at least one new furry friend during lockdown – and 10% of British households currently without pets intend to get one in the next six months and this is not just in Britain, the trend is global.

With new pet owners discovering TrustedHousesitters and eager to begin their travels, when it’s safe to do so, we could be seeing a rise in the number of puppies and young dogs needing sitters and while we have discussions about sitters caring for elderly pets what about sitting for the very young, those adorable puppies … have you and would you?

Ziggy was only 4 months old when he became a TrustedHousesitters canine, member. :point_down:

1 Like

Yes. 3 come to mind. one in Scotland for a week, she was about 6 months old, similar in Singapore. But the most interesting was on Bali.
I had done the sit 3 times before, and the HO adopted a puppy she found in the ruins of a building, he was VERY young.
When I arrived, the HO asked me if I would take him for his operation the following week, which I thought would be at a vet, but turned out to be a mobile charity operation which tours Bali, neutering cats and dogs for a small donation. So I spent a morning sitting on the balcony of a large villa with about 20 other dogs and owners, watching the whole process!

He was only about 3 months old and recovered very quickly.
So puppies are not an issue for me.

3 Likes

Neutered at 3 months? It’s very early…
I would love to look after a puppy although i know personnally how many damages they can make chewing shoes, garments, biting, eating bad things for them.
You really need to keep an eye on young dogs. But they are so sweet. You fall on love with a puppy. Whatever breed .

2 Likes

Almost 3 months, age unknown, a rescue, probably a wee bit older but owner and vets were happy to do the operation, and he was fine a few hours later.

2 Likes

Surprised by his age as my vet told castration could not been made before 6. You need testiciles to go down and testostérone active. Also 12 days without jumping and running. In order the threads of the scar don’t break…

1 Like