TV in Sitter's Bedroom?

What a kind thing to ask sitters! Personally I can take or leave TV, I don’t have one in my bedroom at home. I don’t have cable at home either and have to admit it is a bit of a treat to sit in homes that do, but I probably wouldn’t use a bedroom TV. I’d rather watch TV snuggling on the couch with the pets!

1 Like

Hello We have done about 13 sits. I would not expect an owner to put a TV in the bedroom. Most owners will have one in their living room. One thing I would mention is if you have a TV set up based on access through a gaming setup or need to put a screen up please leave detailed instructions. Enjoy the journey, I think most sitters are grateful to be given the sit and I know we like our owners to be happy. I want every owner to walk back into their home and be delighted.

3 Likes

I would not want a TV in the bedroom, and in fact don’t watch it much anyway. Also would prefer to snuggled with a kitty or puppy on my lap on the sofa anytime, whilst watching a good movie or documentary on Netflix or YouTube.
I would not want something in my room that would affect my ability to sleep, and I have often done HouseSits where there is NO TV at all, which was the case with the HouseSit I did last year at Baffle Creek.
I prefer to read and always take several books with me, and if I feel like watching a movie or something, I have a few loaded up my on external hardrive or on my laptop.

3 Likes

As a sitter I don’t care about a TV in the bedroom. As long as there’s somewhere in the house that is comfy and clean where I can watch TV, that’s plenty.

1 Like

We’re American, and we don’t have a TV in our master or in any of our other bedrooms. It literally would never occur to me to watch TV in bed. I think it’s probably idiosyncratic rather than cultural? Other than in a hotel room where the bed was the most convenient place to sit and watch television, I don’t believe I’ve ever watched TV in bed.

2 Likes

I will say that I love it when I have different stations where I can sleep, work, watch TV, and read. I’ve been in some sits where the bed is the only place to do all those things, and I don’t sleep as well.

2 Likes

Definitely not a deal breaker. I’m more interested in the kitchen appliances and how comfy the sitting room chairs are. That’s after I’ve asked every conceivable question about your pets and animals.
Elsie

3 Likes