TV in Sitter's Bedroom?

We are HO’s (and future Sitters). We are contemplating some changes in our home. We are wondering about installing a TV in one of the guest rooms (sitters can choose from two). How important is a TV in a bedroom? Does it make any difference?

There are plenty of TV’s elsewhere in our home, but sometimes I like to watch a movie in bed. We like to make our sitters as comfortable as possible.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I can only speak for myself, but so long as there’s a comfy couch/chair to watch TV in a main living room, I don’t need a TV in the bedroom. That being said, it never hurts to have one there, people always have the choice to use it or not.

8 Likes

Personally wouldn’t bother me. If we want to watch something in bed, we have laptops or iPads that we could do that with. And as @Kelownagurl says - as long as there is a comfy place to watch a TV somewhere else, we’d be more than happy!

Whilst it is great you are thinking about housesitters/guests when designing your spare room, you have to think that it will probably go unused for most of the year (unless you have lots of guests of course!).

5 Likes

Hi @PassportSoulmates thank you for being considerate owners and thinking about your sitter’s comfort and convenience …

I agree with both @Kelownagurl & @ChrisAndSuzeGoWalkies comfy viewing, no matter where, is always appreciated.

Angela

1 Like

We are one of the rare people who only own one tv and have never had one in our own bedroom. If there is a tv in the bedroom when we are on a sitting then we never watch that either.
I agree with all the other posts that it is more important to have a comfy place to watch the main one.

5 Likes

Not even considered it to be honest, I like to be too tired to watch TV when I go to bed!

As long as there is a TV in the lounge all is good… :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s lovely that you are thinking about what sitters may want in their bedroom. Personally I wouldn’t be bothered about having a TV in the bedroom, but I’m sure there are some who would appreciate it.

3 Likes

That is very considerate of you. Unless you anticipate having multiple guests with different viewing habits, I would not bother with getting an additional TV just for sitters. They will be there by themselves and will have other comfy places to watch TV before retiring. Sitters do love having a comfortable mattress and some vacant draw and closet space in the guest room.

1 Like

It’s really lovely as many have said to be considering your sitters. We don’t watch a lot of TV and haven’t ever had one in the bedroom at home, so it never crosses our mind on sits. Especially if the dogs aren’t allowed upstairs, we enjoy all cuddling up in a cozy place downstairs.

I’m not sure what country you are in, but if it’s the US or UK I have noticed a lot of owners do have TVs in their own bedrooms, so that might be something to consider, if it’s common in the culture.

2 Likes

Agree completely with the majority above. Thoughtful of you to consider HS comfort, but a TV in the bedroom would add no value for us. We likely wouldn’t use it.

1 Like

As with the other sitters, a TV in the sitter’s bedroom is not of importance to me. Pets usually have access to the living area where the TV is found, so this is where I spend my evenings if I want to watch the TV, having the pets for company.

1 Like

It personally wouldn’t bother me not to have one in the bedroom. Actually when i think of all my sits, non have ever had. tv in the bedroom and some have even not had any tv at all. ( i don’t have a tv subscription at home either. So I think that actually says enough. Usually on a sit i have so many new things to do and see including the biggest bonus a couple of new cuddle bugs to keep me busy or who i can chat to in the evening that i am just happy to go to my room to go to sleep

2 Likes

Not important to me at all. I’d just be grateful that I had a lovely home to spend a few days at!
HOWEVER, I don’t do Sky, so idiot - proof instructions on how to turn on / turn off/ change channels/ trouble shoot the Sky system on the main TV, would be invaluable.

5 Likes

I agree with @LTD. I have Sky TV which is the simplest of packages to work. However, there are so many other companies now that are all different and all difficult to understand. So idiot proof instructions are required. A couple of HOs have actually made videos and sent to us via Whatsapp which hav e been invaluable.

2 Likes

I guess I am the odd one out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a TV in the bedroom. I love it. Maybe its also an American thing. Most homeowners I know in the US, for sure have TVs in the master with cable. Many have cable and TV in the guest rooms, but if not cable they at least have a smart TV with access to Netflix or Prime. Myself, I have three, in the living room, master and guest room, all smart TVs with internet hookup and cable.

3 Likes

Thanks @trekker954 - we have two guest rooms of almost the same size. We’ve decided to put a television in one, but not the other! Everyone can be happy!!

5 Likes

A TV while nice is certainly not a requirement, nor would it influence my decision to apply for a sit or agree to a sit. i find that while away from home, I seldom turn on the tv, especially when in a foreign country where the language on tv is different from mine. But something that does affect my applying for a sit is a good kitchen with the owners telling me that I can use spices, etc to make my meals. I love to cook.

4 Likes

I agree, a little closet space to hang clothes would be wonderful!

1 Like

Hi gipsey, welcome to our community forum and for joining in the conversation, member feedback is so important and the forum is such a great place to share.

Closet space is really appreciated … enjoy connecting with other members and thank you for joining and being part of our amazing community.

Angela & The Team

Personally I don’t think a tv in the bedrooms is necessary but then I never watch tv in bed ever! I do like a large tv at the pet sits I do in a living room or snug

1 Like