USA to relax travel rules for vaccinated passengers from UK and EU

Very happy to see this news headline! :smiley:
Vaccinated passengers will be able to enter the USA from the UK and EU from November onwards, ending almost two years of Coronavirus travel restrictions.

4 Likes

WOOHOO! Wonderful! Finally :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Good news. Great

1 Like

As @Samox24 says this is excellent news … in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas

1 Like

OH YES!!! ANNA MARIA ISLAND here I come!!!

1 Like

Booking tomorrow!!! I will use my BA dormant flight. Just hope the prices are not sky high too.

1 Like

And yet Canadians still cannot cross the land border into the States, vaccinated or not. So weird.

2 Likes

Details still unconfirmed but projects for November and double jab.

Welcome and hello world!

4 Likes

Am I right in thinking British citizens can cross the land border from Canada to USA if fully vaccinated (once the USA reopens to us) as we are hoping to go from Canada to the States sometime at the beginning of November? :thinking:

Fabulous!! :+1:t2::smiley:

That’s a good question, but I suspect not. Right now, the land border is only open for essential travel. I suspect that might change by November but no guarantee. We thought the US would open the land border to Canada when we opened it to them in Sept but nope.

Lemme go check the govt website and confirm.

I did find this article. Also note, the US hasn’t confirmed whether Astrazeneca will be accepted either.

Side note: My guess is that it will likely open by then though.

1 Like

I don’t believe so, the US land border is closed for all but essential travel from Canada. You would likely need to fly.

Thank you so much, really appreciate :slightly_smiling_face:

I have just seen in the news the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will be accepted by the US as part of the new entry requirements from November, according to ‘The Sunday Times’ and also add that Simon Calder (travel expert and journalist) advises for the avoidance of doubt, any WHO approved vaccine is acceptable including Oxford AstraZeneca.

1 Like

Thank you I will have to look in to this more and see if it may change come November :crossed_fingers:t2: We were hoping to fly to Canada towards the end of October and then cross the land border to the States early November.

Also just seen on news update Mr Biden also extended restrictions along its land border with Canada and Mexico that stop nonessential travel by foreigners. The rules will continue for another month, despite Canada allowing fully vaccinated US visitors since early August.

Oh that’s good news. Any word on mixed vaccines? I have Pfizer/Moderna and some places won’t accept that (like the UK for example).

1 Like

I haven’t seen any update on that as yet but if I do I will keep you posted :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m disgusted we have had to wait so long when US citizens can visit here. We have already cancelled our holiday twice so now it’s too little too late and we have booked for Turkey instead.